Double-Wide I.P.A. | Boulevard Brewing Co.

Double-Wide I.P.A.Double-Wide I.P.A.

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

The classic India Pale Ale is a traveler’s beer, aggressively hopped to withstand the long, hot ocean voyage to the British East Indies. Our Double-Wide I.P.A. also travels well, and is right at home in the most exotic ports of call of the Midwest. While this modern-day prairie schooner may not resemble a graceful sailing sloop, our liberal hopping regimen does make her virtually “twister-proof,” with toffee and caramel notes balancing out the lingering bitterness. Enjoy this beer fresh to best appreciate the complex blending of hop aromas, ranging from minty to citrusy, with subtle hints of pine.

Added by SafeAtFirst on 11-17-2007

Ratings: 2,646 |  Reviews: 793
4.59/5  rDev +15.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

3.75/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.15/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.1/5  rDev +3.5%

Really enjoying this one. Does it come in less than 750ml? My wife tasted it and gave the rest to me. Holy snikeys, I'm in for it. Again, smaller sizes would make it more likely to buy again. Anyway... coppery with nice head and lacing. Citrusy nose, complex hop signature and earthy finish that remind me of some oak aged ales. Will check in later...

3.94/5  rDev -0.5%

I miss this beer. I hope that Boulevard brings it back some day. Delicious malt structure balanced out with some serious hops. I was not usually a malty IPA fan but this was one of the turning points for that. The Calling is pretty amazing though. Cheers

4.1/5  rDev +3.5%

A - Pours a dark honey color with a smaller head than expected.
S - Piney and subtle citrus.
T - Some caramel and apricot flavor in there.
M - Medium body and carbonation.
O - Boulevard continues to be a winner for me, I've liked everything I've tasted from them. I'll have another of these real soon.

4.32/5  rDev +9.1%

3.24/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

L: Hazy brown, much darker than I expected. Thick, light brown head with staying power.
S: Fruit, pine, toffee
T&F: Dark roasted malt, a bit of alcohol heat. Bitterness is not really sharp but lingers at the back of the throat.
O: Tamer than I expected for an IPA.

Edit: Saw the "best by" date of 1/2015 after I finished the bottle, this deserves another try.

3.66/5  rDev -7.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Deep amber in color with a murky appearance. There's a good inch of densely packed beige head resting on top. Heavy lacing is on my glass. Aroma of citrus hops and cereal grains is prominent. The flavor is a deep citrus burn comparable to an orange that is held in check by some light cereal grains. On the fade you get a nice citrus hop burn. The mouth is fairly thick,creamy, and a bit chalky.

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.29/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.96/5  rDev 0%

3.99/5  rDev +0.8%

4.07/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

12 oz bottle from 4 pack, best by 7/25/15, poured into a tulip glass

A - A murky amber orange with some sediment, huge carbo release, 3 finger fluffy white head.

S - Huge waft of ctirus when opening the bottle, slightly more muted in the glass due to the head. Some caramel malt notes as well.

T- Interesting mix. Follows the nose, the pine appears, and there is some mint like qualities. Malt takes over as it warms. Almost begins to taste English IPA like.

M - Carbonation medium to below medium as it warms, gets a touch sticky later.

O - A tasty DIPA. I imagine this will dissapoint some of hop heads due to lack of hop-ness in the taste, but I would recommend it.

4.29/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.49/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pretty good IPA, not to hoppy with a citrus after taste

4.14/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Double-Wide I.P.A. from Boulevard Brewing Co.