Long Strange Tripel | Boulevard Brewing Co.

Long Strange TripelLong Strange Tripel
Liked This Beer
4.16 w/ 1,548 ratings
Long Strange TripelLong Strange Tripel

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: Tripel

Lately it occurs to us that if, back in 1989, you planned on starting a brewery in the back of your carpentry shop, you'd been wise to seek out someone like Harold “Trip” Hogue. A collector of ancient Volvos, Trip was well qualified for the make-do engineering required to coax recalcitrant equipment out of retirement and into making the first Boulevard beers. Today, he is our longest-tenured employee. We offer this rich, golden Tripel in grateful tribute to dedication, everywhere.

Added by homebrewhawk on 11-24-2007

Liked:
4.16/5
Alströms:
4.5

Ratings: 1,548 |  Reviews: 469

Appearance: Hazy golden orange, cloudy, with a two finger white frothy head that leaves beautiful lacing on the glass.

Smell: Orange, citrus, clove, bread/yeasty, banana.

Taste: bread, banana, belgian yeast, slight spicing with cloves, and light well-harmonized fruity notes. Finishes dry and crisp and most amazingly of all, it does not have a heavy alcohol taste even though it is 9.20% ABV. It tastes rich yet it is also supremely light, crisp, and refreshing.

Mouthfeel: Dry, carbonated, crisp, light.

Overall: Full disclosure, this is one of my all time favorite beers in the world. I tried it for the first time two years ago when I was visiting a friend in Utah and it has haunted me since. I've had the pleasure of its company only twice since we first met. If anyone knows where to find it in NYC, please let me know. If you see it at a store, take it home with you. You won't regret it.

4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

4.2/5  rDev +1%

3.72/5  rDev -10.6%

Appearance- Golden orange and cloudy, with a voluminous, frothy head that is bleach white

Smell- Funk.

Taste- Wheat, must, citrus. Strong Belgian yeast character really shines here. Finishes dry. Another delicious, unique beer from Boulevard

Mouthfeel- Dry, well carbonated

Overall- This is quite a good brew. Unfortunately, I read in a few other reviews that this beer tastes kinda soapy and now I CAN NOT shake this thought from my head every time I take a sip. When I first tried this I would have rated it higher but it really is kind of soapy. What can I say, It's no Fin du Monde but it is a welcome change of pace.

4.8/5  rDev +15.4%

3.98/5  rDev -4.3%

12oz into tulip.

Pours a lightly hazy golden brown with a thick, foamy off white head that dissipates to leaves a medium foam across the surface.

Aroma and taste are a very enjoyable blend of clove yeast phenols, and lightly fruity estery notes.

Medium body, foamy carbonation.

A very well done, tasty Tripel.

4.15/5  rDev -0.2%

3.75/5  rDev -9.9%

4.84/5  rDev +16.3%

3.8/5  rDev -8.7%

4.04/5  rDev -2.9%

Long Strange Tripel from Boulevard Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 90.8% out of 100 with 1,548 ratings