Single-Wide IPA | Boulevard Brewing Co.

good
Read the review
Single-Wide IPASingle-Wide IPA

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: American IPA

Boulevard Single-Wide I.P.A. is our take on a style that originated in 18th century Great Britain. This American version—inspired by our Smokestack Series Double-Wide I.P.A.—boasts a heady combination of six varieties of hops, some of which were employed for dry-hopping.

Added by kcillini77 on 12-15-2008

Ratings: 1,949 |  Reviews: 536
3.29/5  rDev -13%

A: Pours a hazy copper. Micro yeast chunks floating all around. I am not a big fan of floaties in my beer so I subtracted points for that.

S: Dominated by citrus and pine. Not picking up much grain.

T: The bitterness is up front. The citrus and resiny pine flavors pop right onto the palate but are relatively short lived. Not getting much grain flavor. This is beer is show casing the hops.

M: The body is thin and the carbonation is heavy. This beer is confused as to what it wants to be.

O: It's a decent brew. I wouldn't avoid it but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. Overall it doesn't present anything unique. I'd like to see a touch more body from the malt to bring better balance to the beer.

4.25/5  rDev +12.4%

4.5/5  rDev +19%

2.75/5  rDev -27.2%

3.71/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Bottle to dogfish head goblet.

A. Medium golden color. Poured healthy 1 finger head that retains nicely. Nice lacing.

S. Light fragrance. A combination of light citrus, grapefruit, and resin. A nice balance.

T. Resiny hops dominant the flavor profile. Light malts. A little spicy/peppery.

M. This ale has a very nice bite which leaves it moderately smooth. High carbonation, light to moderate body, and average viscosity.

O. Not a bad at all. I love the spicy bite that comes with a fresh ipa. Moderately hoppy, especially for a single ipa. I would drink this again but would likely not keep this around 24/7, even if I was in it's distribution. range.

4.25/5  rDev +12.4%

2.5/5  rDev -33.9%

3.5/5  rDev -7.4%

Single-Wide IPA from Boulevard Brewing Co.