Two Jokers Double-Wit | Boulevard Brewing Co.

Two Jokers Double-WitTwo Jokers Double-Wit
3.98/5
Two Jokers Double-WitTwo Jokers Double-Wit

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: Witbier

Availability: Summer

They say there are two sides to every story, and that’s certainly true of Two Jokers Double-Wit. On the one hand, it’s a revival of the classic Belgian “wit,” or “white” ale, with lactic fermentation providing a refreshing tartness. On the other hand, it’s a modern, uniquely American brew; big, flavorful, and spiced with cardamom, coriander, orange peel, lavender, and grains of paradise.

Added by naterock on 05-10-2009

4.85/5  rDev +21.9%

Poured from a bomber.
Wow! It looks, smells and tastes great. It reminds me of Blanche De Bruxelles but much more robust. Bubblegum, bananas, lemon all in here with an overall slight tartness. Everything is very well balanced. I love the lemony aftertaste.
I can't believe this is 8% abv. I've probably had over 200 different beers in the past 4 years. And never have I encountered a beer that masks a high abv like this one. I'm tasting none of the alcohol, though, I am feeling some of it... :-)
I'd probably give this a 4.75 across the board. However, since I can't I tried to approximate it in my scores. I wouldn't give any beer a perfect score, only a near perfect score for my very favorites.
This is a great effervescent beer. It makes my top 10 list of too close to call beers.
The first chance I get I'm heading back to where I bought this and cleaning their stock of 2 jokers out.

4.5/5  rDev +13.1%

4.2/5  rDev +5.5%

750 ml bottle into tulip, bottled 1-2011; best by 12-2011. Pours hazy golden straw color with a nice 2 finger fairly dense white head with good retention that reduces to a thin cap that lingers. Spotty lacing on the glass. Aromas of big banana, pepper, clove, herbs, ginger, wheat, citrus, bubblegum, light bread, and yeast spices. Some very nice and highly complex aromas, with great balance. Taste of big banana, bubblegum, pepper, clove, apple, citrus peel, light herbs, bread, grainy tartness, and yeast spices. Fairly dry finish; but some lingering notes of banana, bubblegum, tart grain, bread, spices, and citrus on the finish for a bit. Medium body and elevated carbonation; with a slightly creamy and slick mouthfeel, with some light prickly carbonation. Extremely smooth to drink; with pretty much no alcohol noticed at all for 8%. Overall this is an excellent imperial Witbier. Great balance of flavors; big complexity; and very smooth to drink for the level of alcohol. Really enjoyed this one.

3.75/5  rDev -5.8%

2.5/5  rDev -37.2%

4.5/5  rDev +13.1%

4.46/5  rDev +12.1%

Reviewed from notes:

P: Big head with great white lacing and retention. A cloudy golden yellow color with streaming bubbles.

S: Herbs, orange and lavender, spices very evident.

T: Tart orange with mild malt flavoring. Great bubbles and a wonderful mix of herbs and spices. The flavors compliment each other nicely. Champagne like and very refreshing.

O: 1st witbier and will not be my last. Very impressed with this brew and will enjoy more in the future.

4.25/5  rDev +6.8%

Currently, this is the #6 ranked Witbier here on BA.

I poured this into a FFF pint glass.

A: cloudy overall, but it still had a transparent-around-the-edges disposition. The soft head was irrelevant.

S: This was NOT a coriander bomb. As a matter of fact, it"s tough to place this one in any particular spice class, but I'll try: Orange peel, cardamom, and milk.

T: Great Witbier-esque qualities. Citrus, spices (same as the nose), along with Boulevard's signature fresh, filtered water taste profile.

M: Spritzy enough on the carbonation side, and not too sweet or spicey. The lacing was non-existent.

O: The price was right, and so was the taste. Great stuff!

3.95/5  rDev -0.8%

Tried the Two Jokers at a beer tasting last night. I think this beer should be called a ginger beer…it has a huge ginger ale taste and smell with punch of lemon/lime big carbonation white foamy head not much lace. The beer is cloudy/hazed straw yellow color with massive carbonation. The high ABV is well hidden. The mouthfeelis medium to big body. Overall I would say this is a sipping beer.

Two Jokers Double-Wit from Boulevard Brewing Co.