Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale | Boulevard Brewing Co.

Tank 7 Farmhouse AleTank 7 Farmhouse Ale
4.17/5
Exceptional
Tank 7 Farmhouse AleTank 7 Farmhouse Ale

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Missouri, United States
boulevard.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Most breweries have at least one piece of equipment that’s just a bit persnickity. Here at Boulevard we have fermenter number seven, the black sheep of our cellar family. Ironically, when our brewers were experimenting with variations on a traditional Belgian-style farmhouse ale, the perfect combination of elements came together in that very vessel. You could call it fate, but they called it Tank 7, and so it is. Beginning with a big surge of fruity aromatics and grapefruit-hoppy notes, the flavor of this complex, straw-colored ale tapers off to a peppery, dry finish.

Added by grumpy on 06-19-2009

Ratings: 5,253 |  Reviews: 1,071

4.02/5  rDev -3.6%

3.5/5  rDev -16.1%

2.7/5  rDev -35.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

I love boulevards beers, and I know they have GREAT beers. So I'll try to be as nice as I can about this beer. Ok, where to start.. I bought this beer for 11.99 for a 4 PACK. Yes a 4 pack. So I was thinking what anyone would think... This must be GREAT BEER!!! That assumption was wrong. TBH I flat out didn't like this beer, which almost NEVER happens...First of all its way overpriced, it doesn't go down smooth, it doesn't taste good, it doesn't smell good, and it barely even tastes like beer!.. I think the brewers were already drunk when they made this brew because its nothing like the other boulevard brews which are Great! It reminded me of beer made out of hay or straw that someone spiked with some vodka... literally. The only reason I think it says farmhouse ale is because it tastes like a cow brewed it. As a die-hard boulevard fan I am somewhat upset with this brew, especially at 11.99 a 4 PACK kind of feeling ripped off.. I'm surprised boulevard even releases this, and even more surprised with it's high ratings here?? Maybe this beer just wasn't for me but I couldn't find one quality about the beer I liked except for the label!.. If you like to spike your beers with hay and vodka this beers for you!!!

3.75/5  rDev -10.1%

2.5/5  rDev -40%

4.75/5  rDev +13.9%

4.5/5  rDev +7.9%

4.5/5  rDev +7.9%

4.03/5  rDev -3.4%

4.17/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.75/5  rDev -10.1%

Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.17 out of 5 with 5,253 ratings