Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Tesco Lager | Marston, Thompson & Evershed, Plc.

2.1/5
Poor

Marston, Thompson & Evershed, Plc.
England, United Kingdom
fullpint.co.uk

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by cypressbob on 04-25-2004

Reviews by cypressbob:
2.48/5  rDev +18.1%

440ml green can

Pours with a light yellow body, a whispy foamy head which leaves a tight lace around the glass

Smell is malty, similar to carlsberg or the equivilant lager, little hop aromas

Taste is malty, little bit of hops but not very well balanced, slightly skunked aromas

A below average, bog standard lager

2.5/5  rDev +19%

1.33/5  rDev -36.7%

I knew I was in for an..experience. This Lager is brewed in Poland and I've had some good experiences with Polish Beer. The percentages are still in my favor after this.

I'll admit I love a great, cheap beer and I'll continue to search. This cheap as (US$.32/500ml)beer was thin, watery and a disappointment. Grandpa always hurt me with that word...disappointment. Not much for flavor, or aroma, or head retention or anything, really.

Great beer if you want to serve guests who don't like a big full flavoured beer. 3.5% alcohol by volume.

Tesco Lager from Marston, Thompson & Evershed, Plc.