Marstons Resolution / Low C | Marston, Thompson & Evershed, Plc.

Marstons Resolution / Low CMarstons Resolution / Low C
2.23/5
Poor
Marstons Resolution / Low CMarstons Resolution / Low C

Marston, Thompson & Evershed, Plc.
England, United Kingdom
fullpint.co.uk

Style: English Bitter

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 10-22-2004

Reviews by cypressbob:
2.36/5  rDev +5.8%

275ml bottle

Pours with an amber, fizzy body. Slight head with fair retention, very little lacing

Smell, aromas of malt, some skunkiness

Taste, bready and biscuity, seriously limited in flavour, fizzy light lager flavours on the finish

This is shit. Plain and simple, its a tad better than lo carb lagers but still shit, i got it for 99p in a bar so i thought i'd see how bad it was....it was crap

1.61/5  rDev -27.8%

Part of a 4 pack, brown bottle, 275ml, best before Sept 2007, drank 1st Feb 2007. Poured into a Corsendonk tulip glass.

English Bitter my arse!

Looks OK, bright, lively and clean, a golden, light amber colour. The white head, did a runner to the side of the glass before I had a sip.

Smelt of vanilla and banana's, if I hadn't known better, I would have said it was a hefe wiessbier from Bavaria. I tshouldn't have smelt like that if they are calling it an English Bitter.

The taste isn't awful, there just isn't any taste.

Mouthfeel, not there, again not awful, just not any to review and talk about.

Low carb beer it may well be, flavoursome beer it is not. Great that a brewer should attempt such a beer, but I am sorry to say, I will not be having another. I will just have to stay fat and happy.

1.75/5  rDev -21.5%

(275 ml bottle). A low carb bitter - what an idea! Commercial description: "Full flavoured English beer" - my ass! Weak malty aroma, very weak flavour. They sure haven’t used too much of the Golding and Fuggle hops! Quite dry. I used most of it to wash down a meal. Definitely not a beer I’ll buy again!

2.44/5  rDev +9.4%

Appearance: goldy/light-brown, great clarity, thinnish layer of floppy white foam that becomes a thin crown, head retention not so good

Aroma: grain husks in tepid water, faint whisp of malt and perhaps some fruitiness

Flavor: dry/watery malt base, woodsy hop flavor, tobacco, finishes dry with a slight bitterness

Mouthfeel: light body, fine carbonation, thin texture

Other comments: The aroma reminds me of the smell when I rinse out my mash tun after dumping the spent grains in the trash. It's pretty lame, but the hop flavor is kind of nice.

The label says, "DRINK IT COLD"... yeah, why try to find any flavor and aroma in this thing?

1.82/5  rDev -18.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

275ml bottle as part of a gift pack:
Really poor stuff from Marston's here & probably one of the worst from the brewery that I can remember trying; not an enjoyable beer at all. There was a weak, quite bland feel to proceedings & the taste was definitely lacking, I got some early adjuncts & the odd lager taste but none of this was enough to distract from the skunk bitterness or the cheap feel of the beer; definitely not one to seek out.

2.6/5  rDev +16.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Marstons Resolution / Low C from Marston, Thompson & Evershed, Plc.