Alaskan Amber | Alaskan Brewing Co.

Alaskan AmberAlaskan Amber
3.64/5
Good
Alaskan AmberAlaskan Amber

Alaskan Brewing Co.
Alaska, United States
alaskanbeer.com

Style: Altbier

Richly malty and long on the palate, with just enough hop backing to make this beautiful amber colored "alt" style beer notably well balanced.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-20-2001

3.4

Ratings: 2,007 |  Reviews: 638

22oz. Bottle

A - Deep amber. Light tan lasting head. No lacing.

S - Stong, sweet malt of bread, caramel.

T - Follows aroma nicely. Sweet and malty. A light, drying spice.

O/ M - Light spice balances it well. Nice malt and slight yeasty spice. Dry finish. Light to med mouthfeel.

Poured out of a 12 oz bottle into a tulip style pint glass

A) A nice looking terracotta with a finger of head. The head dissipates rather quickly and leaves behind a light dusting. Not much lacing.

S) The aroma is sweet malt and just a kiss of hops.

T) Lightly toasted grain, caramel and a hint of dried fruits. The finish has an earthy, kind of grassy quality. Aftertaste lingers a bit.

M) It's fairly light, maybe medium/light. This is moderately carbonated, and feels right to me.

O) This is a nice easy drinking beer. It's not one that will have me saying, "Hey you gotta try this beer." It is a solid offering, and if you're looking for a pretty good amber, it's definitely worth a try.

3.73/5  rDev +2.5%

Pours a dark but definitive copper color. 1-finger head dissipates rapidly with no lacing. But the good body scores good.

I'm having a hard time generating any smell whatsoever out of this beer. I do catch a hint of nice, fresh malt though.

The taste is more evident of said fresh malt, with just a twinge of hop bitterness in the end.

This is very smooth and gently carbonated. This 'liquid bread' drinks as easily as a nice hot loaf of solid bread eats.

This isn't going to blow you away, but I find I could easily have a session with this beer. Also nice and light on the ABV in case you're in for prolonged drinking.

I'd certainly pick up a 6er of these once in a while, which would happen as soon as I don't have to take a vacation to Vegas just to get some (missed the legendary Smoked Porter by a week *sniff*)

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.74/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

3.74/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.74/5  rDev +2.7%

Alaskan Amber I recently drank on tap in Idaho. The apperance of this beer is very dark, almost cherry wood looking with a foamy cream head. The taste is of malts and a hint of fruit. A very exceptional beer to have in a nice restaurant. Feels great in the mouth as the dark malt and fruit taste will bounce around your tastebuds. A very drinkable beer, not to thick and not to light. A great beer.

look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.74/5  rDev +2.7%

Poured from a bottle shipped from Colorado. Thanks Graff!

Although Ambers were the first style of beer that got me into craft beer, it is no longer my style. That being said, I will do my best reviewing this beer.

A- Pours a clear rusty amber. An off white head does form that leaves the glass very clean as it dissipates.

S- Not much to smell with this beer. A little malty even less hops.

T- I will say that I am a little more impressed than what I pictured from the smell. This is a very balanced beer with roasty malts and a somewhat bitter finish. I would have probably enjoyed this much more at the beginning of my craft beer journey.

MF- Mild carbonation and sugary after taste

D-This is a very drinkable beer. A little to malty for a hot summer day, but something that would go down great in the fall. In fact this is better than most alt/amber beers I've had. I could drink many of these if they were available in Indiana.

I enjoyed this beer and am glad I was able to try it. I've only had two other beers by this brewer and the others have impressed me more than this. However, it is one of the best alt/ambers I have tried.

3.74/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Great flavor and very drinkable at 5.3 ABV.

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev +3%

Alaskan Amber from Alaskan Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 3.64 out of 5 with 2,007 ratings