Pintail Ale | BridgePort Brewing Co. / Brewpub

Pintail AlePintail Ale

BridgePort Brewing Co. / Brewpub
Oregon, United States
bridgeportbrew.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-28-2002

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.58/5  rDev +2%

Poured a fair coppery-amber with a tannish head. Clear in appearance and has nice lacing. Notes of fruit and malt in the smell, slight undertone of fresh hops.

Initial flavors are sugary and toffee-ish. Also notes of fruit and the hops just add a small bite of bitter. Overall, it is light-medium bodied. The finish has a strange, citrusy tang to it. Interesting.

I find this to be a curious pale ale. Not great, but certainly enjoyable. I wouldn't complain if someone offered me another one :) I'm gonna drink it and watch the rain fall here in Washington.

3.54/5  rDev +0.9%

Gold-copper color, medium head. Aroma is malty and fruity. A medium bodied pale ale. Malts are nutty and sweet. Hops are spicy and grapefruity. Rather aggressively hopped. Smooth lighter flavor. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is crisp and clean. Aftertaste is slightly bitter.

3.15/5  rDev -10.3%

I usually really like beers from Bridgeport but I will have to say I was slightly disappointed with this one....it just seems like a run of the mill average beer

It has a very light copper color
Very light hop aroma and bitterness
Its taste is fine but there isn't much to it because there is hardly any bitterness with more malt then needed. I don't think there is a good balance of malt and hops - to much malt not enough hops
The aftertaste is fairly sweet.

Its a ok beer for sipping on in the hit summer months but its just not what I am looking for out over Brigdeport....

2.95/5  rDev -16%

Bought this in a brown 12ozer bottle with no "best before" date.
MM the appearance is pretty par for the course with other "copper" ales it is a coppery colour, with almost no head to mention..though it does retain a smallish lace around the glass..seems very "fizzy".
Smell is pretty good though not great..though less hoppy than most NW brews
Taste I am afraid is very average, maybe its just me I always seem to rate Bridgeport brews as not very tasty. just a strange bitterness to it after swallowing though its not Cascade Hops bitterness..not appetizing.
The mouth feel is exscessivlly carbonated..its too much
all in all an average beer..I will not buy again

3.95/5  rDev +12.5%

When poured, it was a golden amber with a medium amout of foam. The smell was of a sweet citrus and fruit. The taste was a sort of a watermelon flavor with the citrus to smooth out the sweetness. The lace on the glass never left even after the last sip. Sweetness and bitterness was well balanced. If you looking for a hoppy flavor, this is not the beer.

2.95/5  rDev -16%

I normaly grab Bridgeport's IPA almost by instinct when I go to the local grocer to purchase beer, but on this night I thought I would try something different, Pintail Ale. Being a product of Bridgeport I knew my decision couldn't have been a bad one, could it? Well, I could have done a lot worse but I think I'm just spoiled with the IPA. The aroma of the Pintail isn't bad and the taste is pretty malty. Being a hophead, I'm screaming for a more hoppy aftertaste. This isn't the worst beer I've ever had, but chances are that I will continue down the beer aisle and stick with the IPA.

3.98/5  rDev +13.4%

Presentation: 12 oz slender brown bottle, “Bridgeport … Oregon’s Oldest Craft Brewery” in raised glass around the neck. Undecipherable freshness code on the back label.

Appearance: Thick off white lace leaves behind sporadic streaks of stickiness, bright tawny colour looks appetizing.

Smell: Fruity with hints of ripe pear and mango, slight citric peel from the hops and an underlying maltiness and musty buttery yeast makes up the aroma.

Taste: Moderately bodied with a crisp smoothness, big juicy fruit character with suggestions of pear and mango. Touch of buttery musty diacetyl. Light and refreshing citric zest flavour give the taste buds a quick snap, hop bitterness plays around the malt with both bitterness and flavour. Yeast flavours of earth and mineral come to mind. Maltiness is a tad thin but does not seem out of balance at all with a light caramel malt flavour. Clean and semi-dry finish makes you want to take another sip.

Notes: A quick and easy ale to put drink, flavourful with small complexities that are not a nuisance to the taste buds. Very well balanced and very drinkable in my eyes.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last