Summer Squeeze | BridgePort Brewing Co. / Brewpub

Added by inthebeeraisle on 05-19-2011

1.75/5  rDev -48.2%

2.25/5  rDev -33.4%

2.34/5  rDev -30.8%

The appearance is straw yellow. It looks dull and isn't quite clear.
There's a definite lemon scent, but it's a bit crappy
Taste... yate. Reminds me of half lemonade half beer that you find in Germany.
Mouth feel... diaper foam

Overall, there's a reason nobody has taken a picture of this already.

2.51/5  rDev -25.7%

Urinal cakes!

WOw, can't get over the urinal cakes/pucks aroma from this beer, right from the first pour. Looks good though with nice golden color, white head, etc. Palate has the clear lemongrass and citrusy flavors, but paired with the nose you just can't help but wonder if this is what it is like to lose a wager and have to suck on a urinal cake. Wooosh!

2.61/5  rDev -22.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Bottle date: unknown, not seeing one.

Brewed with yuzu huh? Well, better be dominant, as I'm a fucking Yuzu connoisseur.

A: Pours a grain colored ale with no head formation and a cental cap of white foam. No lace over the excellent clarity.

S: Smells like grain, corn and a hint of lemon and grass, not lemongrass.

T: Sweet and lemony. Here the lemongrass comes through, but I taste no yuzu, okay maybe a bit, but not really. Mostly sweet, watered pils malts.

M: Thin with hi carb and a semi dry finish, pretty much what I would expect from a summer ale.

O: Well, I wouldn't put this above the general blonde ale, and in fact, the adjuncts listed on the label make me feel more like this beer is a gimmick, not a high quality brew.

2.63/5  rDev -22.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

A clear light yellow with a white head that dissipates nicely. The smell caught me a bit by surprise. To be fair I'm not a huge fruit beer fan but I do like light beers with citrus. This beer smells more like fruit juice than beer. There is very little hops aroma I can detect. The taste delivers less than the smell would seem to promise. Overall this beer seems thin and a bit too juicy.

2.87/5  rDev -15.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Served in a Lagunitas mason jar.

Leave it to the beer world to teach me about the yuzu fruit. This stuff pours a clear sunshine brass-gold topped by a finger of white foam. The nose comprises lemongrass, light greens, slightly-funky lemon peel (I'm assuming this is the yuzu?), and a hint of cracked wheat. The taste brings in more of the same, with a bit more wheat, a breezing of biscuit, and an enhanced bit of what I'm taking for yuzu. What's more, I think I'm learning I don't enjoy the yuzu... The body is a light medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a dry finish. Overall, I can't say I was much of a fan of this. Maybe it was the yuzu, maybe it was just a mediocre beer, I'm not sure, but the result is the same regardless.

2.95/5  rDev -12.7%

On tap that the PDX brewpub.

A - Pours a clear light orange that is almost yellow. White average sized head.

S - Very floral and citrusy, oranges.

T - Totally different here. Wheat, Barley, rye.

D - Decent carbonation, very thin and light.

O - If the taste could match the smell, we would have a great beer here.

Summer Squeeze from BridgePort Brewing Co. / Brewpub