Kentucky Ale | Alltech's Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.

Kentucky AleKentucky Ale

Alltech's Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.
Kentucky, United States
kentuckyale.com

Style: English Pale Ale

Our Master Brewers describe Kentucky Ale as a marriage between two classic beer styles, Irish Red Ale and English Pale Ale. Light amber in color, Kentucky Ale owes its unique body and character to select imported malts and a pinch of wheat malt for a rich, smooth taste. The unique body and character of Kentucky Ale is heavily influenced by the water, drawn from aquifers in the limestone rock underlying the Bluegrass Region of Kentucky.

Added by UncleJimbo on 08-19-2001

2.98/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

12 oz bottle, purchased near brewery earlier this month, and served in a lager glass.

Clear, medium amber. Has an average size head with average retention, but both the visible carbonation and the feel suggest a rather high carbonation level.
Floral/earthy, modestly hoppy aroma is marred by a metallic tone and suggests a beer that is more bitter than this one. Actually, this has a decent sweet/bitter balance, albeit a bit sweet up front and bitter in the finish.
Medium body; crisp with a rather dry finish.

O: disappointing on counts of both aroma quality and weak flavor. A decent but not particularly attractive brew.

2.75/5  rDev -17.4%

2.08/5  rDev -37.5%

I live in Louisville. I would like very much to see this one do well. But, watery,
unbalanced, messy mix of flavors....just far no joy in the anticipation
of opening a daily pour. I have the feeling that the aim was to introduce the Budweisier drinker to a micro brew. That's the kiss of death for me. I'm always on the lookout for a beer with a frugal price. Back to trader joe for old standby's. If I'm going to drink ale Fat Weasel is much better. I'm surprised that Ky Ale gets better marks than FW.

3.75/5  rDev +12.6%

3.75/5  rDev +12.6%

3.53/5  rDev +6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12FL.OZ. bottle
Served in a perfect pint glass

A - This beer ranges from amber in the center of the glass to gold on the edges. A perfect pour gave me three inches of beige head the was even with the top of the glass. There are so many bubbles rising from the nucleation sites that the head actually rose above the top of the glass after a couple minutes.

S - In the aroma I smell some caramel, bread, and some floral accents. I even get some hints of vanilla.

T - As far as the taste goes I get some toasted malt with a dry finish. It kind of reminds me of rye.

M - Medium leaning towards full. I get a grainy feel on my tongue.

O - It pairs well with watching Justified.

1.75/5  rDev -47.4%

Kentucky Ale from Alltech's Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.