Belikin Premium | Belize Brewing Co., Ltd.

good
Read the review
Belikin PremiumBelikin Premium

Belize Brewing Co., Ltd.
Belize

Style: American Pale Lager

Added by kbub6f on 09-11-2003

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.65/5  rDev +13.7%

Shared a six pack of this on the tender from Belize City to the cruise ship.
Pours a standard pale straw yellow color with a bubbly white head that dissipates quickly.
Smells of grainy malt a hint of corn and floral hops.
Taste is pretty decent for a light lager. Sweet grainy malts with a hint of honey and floral hops. A hint of dms and a relatively dry finish.
Medium carbonation, low to medium body, creamy/watery mouthfeel.
Not a bad lager at all to drink down on a hot day. If I ever make it back to Belize I wouldn't hesitate to tip a few of these back.

3.15/5  rDev -1.9%

served in a larger bottle than it's cousin belikin lager. light amber color, surprising to see anything but a golden lager in the caribbean. clear. off-white diminishing head. some caramel and nuts in the nose but a bit faint. light caramel malt sweetness and just some very lightly bitter subdued hops in the background, but still alot more going on than most island lagers. crisp and frothy, clean finish. light to medium body. the best of the local beers i tried in belize.

3.26/5  rDev +1.6%

A: Pale straw in color. Quite clear. A bit of white head that is disappearing as I write this.

S: Slightly sweet. perhaps some grape in there. Not a whole lot.

T: Light. Maybe a little fruit taste in there. Not a whole lot.. but it kinda works for the style. Bit of an aftertaste that I don't like.

M: Clean, crisp, and carbonation is appropriate for the style.

D: Lets face it. It is everything that an adjunct lager should be. It's drinkable, but if you are looking for a bottle full of flavor this ain't it.

3.36/5  rDev +4.7%

Pours a nice amber color with a decent white head. Decent head retention and fine lacing.

Smells like an adjunct. Grainy with a mild malt background.

Sweet malt taste, honey like. Malts are more present as it warms. Not bad. Still get that generic adjunct taste tough. Bitter aftertaste.

Medium bodied in the mouth with average carbonation.

Average beer but drinkable.

4.3/5  rDev +34%

The first time I had this beer was summer 2001. I loved it, but forgot about it until I had gone back. During an extensive visit to Belize, specifically, The Drownded Cayes, I was fortunate to be peer-preasured into taking 2 cases of Belikin Premium to the island with me.

This beer greatly surpased my expectations. The appearence was a great deep yellow, not dark, but very golden.

The smell was a nice balance of hops and malt. Grainy, malty, and hop aromatic...

The taste was fantastic. Much like a Pilsner Urquell without the intense/musty hop bitterness. If all american macrobeers tasted like this, maybe we could all get along better.... because of the constant buzz.

Mouthfeel was average for the style, light. Good,uninteresting.

Very high on the drinkability scale. This is a May to August must have in South Louisiana. It is too bad they don't export. So I bring it back 4 6-packs at a time and treasure them.

3.36/5  rDev +4.7%

My parents brought this back from a trip. Pours a slightly amber color with a small head that falls fast and doesn't leave much lacing on the glass. The aroma is grainy but has some caramel malts in the back. The flavor is how I expected. Some caramel, some graininess, some slight skunk. Not bad though. I expected this to be undrinable, but it was surprisingly refreshing.

2.59/5  rDev -19.3%

Thanks to Chris for sharing the spoils with me. It pours a nice copper color with a finger of head that falls to coat the brew. The nose is light caramel and slight sweetness and maybe a hint of butteryness. The flavor is just okay. There is a strange bitter on the sides of my tongue as I take a taste. There is also a cardboardy graineyness. I would call it oxidation, but this just arrived fresh from Belieze yesterday, so it should be fresh. There is a slight caramel sweetness on the finish, but I can't get past the other flavors. Not my favorite brew. The feel is nice and moderate with a healthy carbonation. The flavor keeps it from being very drinkable in my opinion. Definately would not be on my short list to try again.

3.62/5  rDev +12.8%

Presentation: 12oz brown bottle.
This lager pours an amber/red color, with a respectable rocky head (although diminishing quite soon), fine, active carbonation and clingy lace. The aroma is primarily of malt and caramel, with a new mowed hay characteristic. The taste has a slightly sweet start, flat non-distinctive middle and a dry finish, with a lingering bite and hints of caramel. The feel is medium bodied: that is creamy yet effervescent. A dry finish remains. Not a complicated beer by any stretch, but well rounded and drinkable.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Belikin Premium from Belize Brewing Co., Ltd.