Crime | Arrogant Brewing

Arrogant Brewing
arrogantbastard.com

Style: Chile Beer

A habitual offender returns
This beer is the result of what many beer enthusiasts would consider a most egregious crime―sequestering Arrogant Bastard Ale, Double Bastard Ale and OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale in Kentucky bourbon barrels, then blending them together with chile peppers. This new version of Crime is still very hoppy in spite of the barrel aging, with lots of oak and malt. The long finish reveals layers of oak, vanilla, bourbon, and malt that combine to produce complex caramel flavors, with peppers adding pleasant tamarind, subtle tropical fruit flavors and a milder heat than in previous concoctions.

Added by womencantsail on 02-06-2011

Liked:
2.95/5
Alströms:

If you are interested in the taste of spicy pencil shavings, then this is your beer. It's absolutely horrid. Novelty beers are becoming a joke, and this one is the worst of the worst. I wish stone would put more emphasis on producing quality beer than this garbage. I honestly can't believe this beer made it past Stone's QC department and onto store shelves.

Small 500ML bottle picked up despite the warning from my friendly local beer pusher. I looked around for Punishment & couldn't find it. May have been a blessing in diguise. Split with my wife.

The pour is very dark orange with a few droplets of sacrificial blood to darken it up. Tons & tons of floaties. Then I lick the 1/192 ounce of dribble rolling down the glass....eehhh. The nose is dirty chiles. Chiles. Chiles. I think the label said something about them.

Crime literally made me grab my throat after one sip - holy horrific fuck. Not only is there too much heat for the surface of the sun, it tastes like rancid sewage. What happened to the good base beer? Or the bourbon? It's like the dirt the chiles were grown in was dumped wholesale into the kettle. I consider just pouring it into the drain. Then I think about the cost of a plumber & think I'll toss it outside. Then I think about my poor grass. WTF do I do with this? I need some kind of toxic container.

Good. Lord. One. Sip. Worst. Beer. Ever.

Crime from Arrogant Brewing