Punishment | Arrogant Brewing

PunishmentPunishment

Arrogant Brewing
arrogantbastard.com

Style: Chile Beer

A palate-punishing ale unlike any other
Never intended for the timid, Punishment is the capsaicin-throttled spawn of a beer behemoth, Double Bastard Ale. In this year’s brew, the flavors of Double Bastard Ale have been further enhanced by the bourbon barrel aging. The addition of chile peppers to the beer adds lingering flavors in the finish of subtle tropical fruit and some layers of heat along with the toffee, caramel malt and hop flavors.

Added by womencantsail on 02-06-2011

Not drinkable. Too spicy to take a second sip of.

1.08/5  rDev -65.8%

One of the worst ever. I couldn't finish it. The name punishment says it all. Do people really like this? I like hot peppers and a little Beer kick is cool but this is just silly. I hate pouring out beer but I couldn't take another burning punishing sip of pain and tongue torture. I couldn't even describe the mouthfeel or taste or other senses. The did a good job if the wanted to ruin the beer with this one. Not sure what the goal was or if this is a joke. I see it around and it's expensive so people must like it but it nots for me

1.12/5  rDev -64.6%

Listen Guy, this is the worst beer I have ever had besides Crime. Do not waste your money, sobriety or time. The smell made me want to throw up. My 3 friends and I could not drink more than a sip each. We poured ours out and drank a Founders Backwoods Bastard to bring our palates back.

Punishment from Arrogant Brewing