O'Keefe Extra Old Stock | Molson Coors Canada

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.5/5  rDev +25.4%

2.9/5  rDev +3.9%

I used to drink this when I first moved out on my own in Alberta. It was THE "cowboy malt likker" they sold at al the cabarets. My 3 roomies and I drank oceans of this stuff. Haven't touched this stuff since the mid 80s in Calgary when it was brewed at 6.3% abv. A friend of mine recently came for a visit and to recall old times he brought a case of OK extra old with him from Calgary. We cracked a few on the patio and it was a refreshing change.

I do not recommend this beer for those who like a light pilsner style beer for hot days or those looking for the smoothness of a higher AVB ice beer. This is a heavy tasting strong ale with all the rough edges that the ice process was invented to remove. This is how I remember the classic higher ABV longer aged Canadian beers like Brador at 8% or Carrington Toby at 6% or Dow blackhorse or OKeefe Extra old stock at 6.3%

Mine poured a darker honey color, with a 1 finger white head that goes quickly. Odors of alcohol and caramelized malt. Starts full bodied with lots of malty- veggie tastes then sits on the tongue more balanced as the hops kick in and you get a delightful nutty yeast taste then finishes fairly heavy with a lingering malty warmth.

This was the "ice beer" of the 70s and 80s out west. It's a classic malt liquor from an old O’Keefe recipe for a strong ale that Molson’s acquired and marketed quite successfully in Western Canada.

O'Keefe Extra Old Stock from Molson Coors Canada