Molson Canadian Lager | Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada
Ontario, Canada
molson.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Around the world, Canada is seen as a shining example of nature at its best. We have thousands of freshwater lakes and barley fields as far as the eye can see. That's what makes us so proud to brew Molson Canadian, our signature beer. Brewed without preservatives, from St. Johns to Vancouver, over 3000 Canadians have a hand in bringing Molson Canadian to their family, their friends, and their communities. The people who live here truly deserve a beer brewed with the best this land has to offer. That’s why we make sure our award winning lager is as clean, crisp and fresh as the incredible country it comes from.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-20-2001

Ratings: 1,838 |  Reviews: 541
2.83/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.39/5  rDev -15.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

3.23/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.6/5  rDev +62.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

It was a pleasant cheaper beer. I will be buying more. The only downside is it had a small glassy taste. It wasnt noticeable at all.

3.44/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

12 Oz Bottle poured into glass
Look - mostly clear golden straw appearance. Medium small foam head and a bit of glass lacing
Smell - basic lager smell, clean and crisp with the typical adjunct aroma of corn and barley
Taste - this isn't a "poor" beer, its great crisp flavors and its easy to drink. Mineral quality in this separates it from other adjuncts. I prefer it over the Molson Golden. Only negative is the high carbonation.

I don't know what else to say, its fairly typical but i like it, better than majority of American Adjuncts. Grade is a B.

3.19/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Reminds me of a crappy version of Labatt, nothing special but if it around I will drink it. Only because I am so used to this style of beer that it is nothing new, in my opinion Labatts is better!

3.24/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

1.3/5  rDev -54.1%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.86/5  rDev +1.1%

Molson Canadian is a good cheap beer. I get the impression some reviewers are treating it like an expensive beer and underrating it. It's not an expensive beer. It can't be compared to up-market "craft" products. It should only be compared to other cheap beers.

I bought a six-pack for $13 AUD. It was on special. Cheaper than any other full-strength beer available... Usually, I'm very wary of cheap discounted beers. Particularly cheap discounted Australian beers. And, especially those brewed by Carlton United Breweries which is - honestly - the worst brewery I've ever encountered. And I've lived in four countries, including Canada... Typically beer are heavily discounted because they're awful. But, in this case, I think Molson is discounted because nobody (in Australia) knows what it is.

It is much better than anything produced by CUB.

The taste is noticeably milder than your typical Australian beer. VB and Melbourne Bitter are almost undrinkable due to the yeast smell/taste... whereas I reckon could drink three or four Molson stubbies in an hour and not have an issue.

It's not a great beer, but it's good and it is priced accordingly.

It's not Asahi quality (my preferred brewery).
But I'm on a budget these days, so I will buy it again.

2.52/5  rDev -11%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.37/5  rDev +19.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.98/5  rDev +40.6%

2.38/5  rDev -15.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.68/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

3.22/5  rDev +13.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Clear gold with a small fizzy head. Light, non-descript nose. Light malt body, quite watery. Good crispness. One of the better AALs.

2.4/5  rDev -15.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

4.6/5  rDev +62.5%

As a recent 21 year old I was stuck drinking whatever the boys bought me. The old man always bought me Molson in high school so thats what I grew up on. After 3 weeks of drinking a new "good" beer every night (northwest montana area) I have yet to find one that tops molson. From the first sip the delicious Canadian taste makes me dream of riding a polaris across the Saskatchewan prairie with a topless canadian broad on the back. Then my daydream turns into scoring the winning goal for the Flames winning the cup. Molson is the best beer I've ever had and probably ever will.

2.88/5  rDev +1.8%

2.7/5  rDev -4.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Molson Canadian Lager from Molson Coors Canada