Molson Canadian Lager | Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada
Ontario, Canada
molson.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Around the world, Canada is seen as a shining example of nature at its best. We have thousands of freshwater lakes and barley fields as far as the eye can see. That's what makes us so proud to brew Molson Canadian, our signature beer. Brewed without preservatives, from St. Johns to Vancouver, over 3000 Canadians have a hand in bringing Molson Canadian to their family, their friends, and their communities. The people who live here truly deserve a beer brewed with the best this land has to offer. That’s why we make sure our award winning lager is as clean, crisp and fresh as the incredible country it comes from.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-20-2001

Ratings: 1,796 |  Reviews: 531

2.53/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a one finger bright white bubbly head that disappears quickly. Golden yellow color.

Grainy, metallic smell. No hop aromas. Surprisingly no skunk smell, probably because its in a can.

Dry rice and grain like flavors on the tongue. No hop bitterness or any malt presence. Dry, rice flavor aftertaste.

Feels very watery, and has a bit too much carbonation on the tongue.

Well, it's not a very good beer. I was surprised to find no hints of skunk though. Probably due to the can.

2.5/5  rDev -11.3%

3.05/5  rDev +8.2%

I was in the mood to try some adjuncts last night for whatever reason, and Molson made my list. At $2 a bottle, I figured I'd try it, as I had heard before that it was surprisingly decent for an adjunct ... and it really is. In comparison to Budweiser, for instance ... well. There is no comparison. Molson (and Labatt even) is the better beer, and one of the best adjuncts out there, in my opinion.

I can't really get into specifics about the smell and taste, because it really is your typical adjunct fare. Rather than being corn dominant though, I feel like there's some actual malt in Molson. There's nothing special about it all, per se, but it's a respectable, cheap adjunct that I'd take any day (especially at the same price as Budweiser and such) over some others of the style. As I've already said several times...

4.25/5  rDev +50.7%

3.75/5  rDev +33%

2.04/5  rDev -27.7%

A: pale straw. clear. lots or carbonation. hardly a head.

S: smells funky. like feet? fart? I do get a tiny bit of corn underneath.

T: funkiness is there but I taste more corn than I smelled. A little sweetness from the grain. I little hop bitterness. Maybe this is how this lager normally tastes but it's almost like it's on the verge of being skunked but not quite there yet.

M: I thought the body was fine for a lager but I know that the grain was the only thing making any body here.

O: I'll finish it, but that funkiness is definitely a problem.

4.25/5  rDev +50.7%

2.7/5  rDev -4.3%

I was in Owen Sound Canada a few years back and I had several Molson Canadian's which I thought were outstanding. I thought I would buy a case down here in the states and the beer purchased in the states is nothing like the Molson Canadian in Canada. It's not even close. The case of beer that I bought just a week ago had a promo called "Only one is Worthy of the Cup" and when I tried to register it said the contest expired in June of 2012 which means the beer is almost six months old, maybe older It's very weak and watery and tastes like a light beer.

3.5/5  rDev +24.1%

3.97/5  rDev +40.8%

Come on, people. I get this is a craft beer site, but that doesn't mean you automatically discount commercial brews. You have to rate them objectively for what they are. If you were on a site that focused on independent music, but also gave you the option to rate all music that's ever been released, would you not give Michael Jackson's "Thriller" 5 stars?

That's why Canadian is getting a 5 star review from me. It's the best of what it is. If you don't even want to consider that, then go listen to Bon Iver and leave me alone.

3.13/5  rDev +11%

Canadian pours a light yellow straw-like color with a more than decent foamy head. The bubbles are a payoff –it’s a good bubbly beer. The aroma is that of dried hops with a light touch of malts and honey. Nothing stands out too much in the aroma but then again, remember, the context.

The beer tastes like grain, corn at first, rice later; I suspect are adjunct ingredients of the beer. It does have a touch of a metallic feel but overall, it is a better than average commercial lager with good taste, lively carbonation and a nice crisp mouth feel. This beer is obviously not, a delicacy, it’s a session beer that is best consumed at a cold temperature and while wearing a concert shirt.

2.5/5  rDev -11.3%