Molson Canadian Lager | Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada
Ontario, Canada
molson.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Around the world, Canada is seen as a shining example of nature at its best. We have thousands of freshwater lakes and barley fields as far as the eye can see. That's what makes us so proud to brew Molson Canadian, our signature beer. Brewed without preservatives, from St. Johns to Vancouver, over 3000 Canadians have a hand in bringing Molson Canadian to their family, their friends, and their communities. The people who live here truly deserve a beer brewed with the best this land has to offer. That’s why we make sure our award winning lager is as clean, crisp and fresh as the incredible country it comes from.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-20-2001

Liked:
2.81/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,767 |  Reviews: 528
2.75/5  rDev -2.1%

3.5/5  rDev +24.6%

1.22/5  rDev -56.6%

So it begins; my first review. It had to be Canadian: the beer of my inebriated youth. Grade 8 (1983) and paranoid of the cops, the first beer we managed to get a stranger to buy and drink piss warm in the woods behind the school. For sheer quantity this is probably the beer I have consumed the most of and unless I slip into a past absurd level of consumption it will retain that dubious honour. But it’s been a while.

It was fitting then that me & CANAD (\CAN-ad\) should get reacquainted at an open air Iron Maiden concert a few weeks back (Molson Ampitheatre, Torona, Ontario). RUN TO THE HILLS! There wasn’t much choice in the matter. Serving Type: draft in a very large plastic cup not unlike a Big Gulp. Smell: didn’t. Taste: soapy astringent suds, unclean lines and not as cold as it ought to have been. Mouthfeel: didn’t let it linger to get the feel. Understand I was not expecting so much, but it oozed under the bar somehow. I did finish it however.

3.08/5  rDev +9.6%

A: A medium see through yellow is all you get, but the head on this beer is big and creamy.

S: Dry hoppy smell. Basic Adjunct smell I suppose. Nothing stands out.

T: Taste is close to a BMC but clearly has more flavor. A bit maltier with less bite than a Bud. Nothing stands out, but it is dry and crisp for sure.

M: Very light and easy drinking. Pretty fizzy.

O: Not too bad. I would take over a BMC, but not over a Yuengling.

2.75/5  rDev -2.1%

3.33/5  rDev +18.5%

I've probably drank more Canadian than any other beer. Not because I like it, but rather because it is so ubiquitous throughout Canada. If someone is selling "beer" at an event, it's probably one of these in a plastic cup. I got a 6-pack of cans (in BC) and it came to ~$2.25 per can. That is a higher price than I thought it would cost for a can, despite paying $8 for a plastic cup full at sport events.

It pours with more than average amount of white fluffy-to-soapy head but it reduces quickly and leaves some lacing. The body is crystal clear and yellow in colour. On the aroma I get grain and honey. On the taste I get barley and wheat. The aftertaste eventually takes on a boiled vegetable flavour. It tastes syrupy sweet and feels a bit a heavy. It has above average carbonation. There is a little bit of alcohol in the aroma, but none in the taste.

Overall, it is actually a decent beer. Actually "not bad" would be a better descriptor. It is certainly a drinkable session beer but for that price you can easily get a much better alternative. Its drawbacks are the syrupy taste and off-putting aftertaste. The amazing thing about this beer is that it tastes the same cold as it does warm.

2.5/5  rDev -11%

Today...this beer poured very well,had a very clean,blonde appearance and a good effervescence energy. Consequently the odor too was very fresh,and the taste did not disappoint. A sweet malty bready flavor and yet not heavy or skunky after taste. I enjoyed this beer very much, really cooled off a hot afternoon by the pool.I would recommned anytime and anywhere,however.

Molson Canadian Lager from Molson Coors Canada