Molson Ice | Molson Coors Canada

molson.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-03-2001

2.53/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.37/5  rDev +34.8%

Pours a clear golden color with a three finger off white head that recedes to about one finger in size, lots of carbonation.
Some fruity esters, light hay, biscuity malt sweetness, nothing off.
Caramel, and alot of sweet malt followed by a semi dry finish and a touch of grassy hops.
Mouthfeel is creamy for an adjunct lager, I like it.
Overall for an adjunct lager, this blows me away.

look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Not bad. Smooth ice beer. Molson Golden is my favorite of the Molson lineup.

2.62/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

This beer is decent for the ice style. Flavor is pretty balanced...Drink it nice and cold. Smell is average. This is one I drink when my funds are low along with IceHouse at $7.99 a 12 pack. and 6.9%. Overall it's easy drinking, cheap and strong wich is why I purcahsed it.

3.96/5  rDev +58.4%

Very clear gold with lots of carbonation and a small skim of a white bubble popping head that is quickly dissipating.

Smell is actually a nice clean beer smell comprised of breadiness, clean water and also some yeast. fairly simple and not a whole lot of sweetness on the scent.

Taste is also full of beer breadiness. Getting the malts and carbonation on the tongue. Also picking up some faint hop flavors towards the back end.

The mouth is a bit thicker than a typical adjunct and more fitting to the ice style. Definitely borders on medium but with just a hint of wetness on the finish.

This is a very easy drinking ice beer and I really enjoyed it. At 5.6 % ABV this goes down very smoothly. It also comes in at a decent price point making this an easy addition to my shopping cart every so often to round out my beers in the fridge.

4.21/5  rDev +68.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours light orange with minimal head
Smells dense of cereal like an old world pilsner
The taste I found surprisingly impressive, light in hops with a balance between the flavor of the malt and alcohol, a very good lager taste in my opinion
Overall this is a very solid lager, although the smell isnt the greatest

1.11/5  rDev -55.6%

A terrible ice beer. Canadians make great ice wines, but not beers. That being said, I have to be fair. I've never had a good ice beer.

2.4/5  rDev -4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.75/5  rDev +10%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

It's an "okay" in my opinion, but maybe because I got it 1 month past best by date for only 7 bucks for a 12-pack. Still... it was not skunky or bad. That said, I would never get this stuff at retail prices.

2.52/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

So, my freshman year at college was when the concept of ice beer became a thing. This was one of the first and most popular of the ice beers. I didn't really get it then (among many other things), and I definitely don't get it now. I do remember the green bottles, like many Molson products. But this is my ice beer night so let's go!

Pours straw yellow with a head that at least temporarily fills my mason jar. Nose is grainy but not offensive. Taste is similar. Not a ton of booze or adjunct, this pretty close to the drinkable zone. Relatively crisp and over-carbonated, but you could do much worse. I mean, it is what it is, but it's actually pretty good for an ice beer. My college years don't seem like as much of a total waste now, which is a plus.

2.02/5  rDev -19.2%

look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

From notes taken 01/17/17:

Amber-toned light gold color, quite clear with steady stream of bubbles to replenish and otherwise weaker head of off-white. Decent net-like lacing. On nose, a pleasant breadiness. Also some esters or fusels or alcohols, just a tad fruity and in my opinion, not so pleasant. I’m somewhat dreading this, too much like a Malt Liquor, but I knew that before I opened it. Thankfully, none of that is very strong for too long, but moving on to tasting. Palate is a little better than I expected. Much of what was described for nose, but a strong crackery backbone and floral to to herbal to nearly rindy suggestions. Still a little too sweet, but not in the way of honey, more so just a general malt and booze sweetness. Light to almost medium in body, with a fun sloshy and gulpy effervescence. Better than a Malt Liquor for sure, and even a number of regular Adjunct/Pale Lagers but I can’t really compare it to the non-existent list of other Ice-Brewed Adjunct Lagers I have had.

2.5/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.93/5  rDev +57.2%

2.63/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

1.67/5  rDev -33.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

3.3/5  rDev +32%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

2.76/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.5/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.5/5  rDev +40%

This beer is decent for the style. Flavor is pretty bland. Smell is average. Overall it's easy drinking, cheap and strong wich is why I purcahsed it.

2.49/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.66/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Molson Ice from Molson Coors Canada