Molson Export | Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada
Ontario, Canada
molson.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

With over 100 years of brewing tradition behind it, Molson Export continues to grow in lore. Its history, however, could never be as rich without the original, high-quality ingredients that have come to distinguish it from other brands.

We brew Molson Export with two-row barley, an exclusive strain of ale yeast that goes back to the origins of Molson Breweries, hand-selected Golding and Oregon hops and water.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 12-11-2001

4.75/5  rDev +56.3%

This is my #1 favorite beer, second being molson canadian, third being labbatt's blue. I love this beer, it is the greatest beer I've ever had. I love this beer cold with a hot pizza on a sunny new york summer day. Has a great frothy head, and pours a nice golden color. BEST BEER EVER! Highly recommended.

4.75/5  rDev +56.3%

4.5/5  rDev +48%

4.25/5  rDev +39.8%

4.15/5  rDev +36.5%

4.02/5  rDev +32.2%

Export
Head: Average milky white no taste.
Body: Smooth , good brownish tint to the golden color.
Taste: Small hoppy taste light malt flavor.
No nasty skunk aftertaste.

The best thing to come out of Canada since ice hockey!

I had Molson Ex on tap in Montreal and Quebec City pubs. The head disipates on this beer pretty quickly. If I'm feeling like a light Ale that is "drinkable" this is the beer for me. Mouthfeel is refreshing and the taste is much better than your average macro as the quick but potent hoppy aftertaste you get with this beer is what I like about it. It's what Molson's chief macro beer, Canadian, should taste like.

3.96/5  rDev +30.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Presentation: It was poured from a brown 11.5oz bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: It has a pale golden color body with visible carbonation and very good clarity. On top there is a bright white foamy head that makes some nice lacing patterns on the glass. It also has good retention as it slowly fades to thinner covering that hangs on until the last sip.

Smell: The aroma is light overall. It has a sweet grainy character with a touch of corn husk and a hint of alcohol.

Taste/Mouth feel: It has a crisp light cereal grain flavor with very clean or neutral hops that just enough bitterness for balance. Its palate is light to medium bodied with a lively texture and carbonation. The finish is crisp, clean and refreshing.

Notes: This is one of my favorite beers from the big breweries. It's always good on a hot summer day and also makes for a good hockey watching beer.

3.93/5  rDev +29.3%

Molson Export has been my staple since I was in grade 11 (now out of university) This is a man's beer pure and simple. This is the best fall-back beer at a bar when they don't serve what you like.

Out of all the molson products, Export has the most flavour and tastes the best. Starts of smooth with a smell of raw hops ending with a sharp bitter hop finish, a classic finish thats been around for a long time. The hop finish is truly the best part of this beer. Canadian, Blue, Corona, Miller... has nothing on Export in terms of flavour.

I remember the day back in early high school when I used to wear my Molson Ex hat, my Chem teacher came up to me and said...you know what they call Export?..I looked at him with confusion and he says " the armmedillo beer"...I figured it out later...when you turn the ship sideways, you see an armedillo. Anyways, this beer has prestige and hertiage over the past 100 years, the same taste and the same classic export finish.

3.91/5  rDev +28.6%

The old standby. Without Molson Export there is no way I would have been able to get my masters done. When I lived in Albany, NY I first discovered this beer while broke and thirsty. While not the best beer in the world by any strech it is however IMO the best beer for one on a budget. Nice golden color but not much head and it quickly disipates. Nice flavor with some actual taste. No mistaking this for water. What really sells this beer for me is drinkability and price.

3.77/5  rDev +24%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Molson Export Ale.

473ml can. 5% alc.

Golden and Oregon hops

For a mass-produced ale this beer is very well done.

It has a thick white head. The beer itself is golden in colour.

There isn't much smell. There is grain, biscuit, hops, and an overall sweetness. But it's all quite faint.

The taste is typical beer. And that's not bad. There is a bit of grain, a dab of hop bitterness, and sweetness. All very mild.

The mouthfeel is watery and yet effervescent.

The finish is crisp and dry.

I really enjoy this. Served icy-cold on a hot day it's very refreshing.

3.76/5  rDev +23.7%

A friend brought this over fresh from the duty free shop. It had a nice color and a good old fashioned beer flavor. It was refreshing,but not too light. I'm sure the freshness was a factor. I liked this beer better than regular Molson Canadian. I would recommend trying this beer.

3.75/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.73/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

12oz bottle served in a stemmed glass. No date.

Appearance: Clear bright golden yellow with a thin white head. Some small strands of lacing noted here and there.

Smell: Clean, a bit herbal/leafy with a mix of noble hops and English bittering hops.

Taste: Malty with a mix of noble hops and English tea-like bitterness. The malt was biscuity in character.

Mouthfeel: Nothing special. Just right carbonation.

Overall / Drinkability: A no fills ale. Drank two of these without batting an eye over the course of a 2 hour networking meeting with appetizers to pair with it. A solid ale. Nothing terribly memorable, but definitely flavorful.

3.73/5  rDev +22.7%

Molson Ex, one of my favorite beers and probably the one I've consumed the most of in my life, largely attributed to my days at the factory way back when (Miss those stubby bottles).

This is definitely Molson's finest product in my opinion, which is saying something because I enjoy most of their products save for the rare misadventure (Molson M).

Nice crisp taste with a hoppy spicy kick. One of my favorite styles of beer and Ex is a premier option. Mouthfeel is prickly and effervescent. My one complaint is the beer's flavor seems to diminish surprisingly quickly, so try to find one with the closest brewed date.

3.7/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

“This here is the real Mol-son. The rest? They are just Mol-daughters.”
-Some French guy next to me at bar. (Translated. [By me.])

I’ve heard people say this is the same thing as Molson Canadian only it’s in a different can because those crazy Quebecois demand difference. Those people are stupid since this is an entirely different beer.

This is one of those beers that tastes way better on tap than in the can. I don’t know what causes that because I am not a professional canman. Good front end and the back gets a little sour and syrupy, kinda like your lesser American macros. Very nice front all the way through, though, and the downer back end ain’t that noticeable in the tap version. It’s a real bargain, too, the Bell Center only charges 11 bucks a tall boy!

Molson Export from Molson Coors Canada