Rickard's Red | Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada
Ontario, Canada
molson.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Crafted using three different malted barleys, Pacific Northwest hops and the finest Brewer's Caramel, Rickard's Red is exceptionally flavorful with a smooth finish. Enjoy Canada's favorite red beer with its proud pub heritage served cold in a pint glass.

Brewed using three different malt barleys, Pacific Northwest hops, and the finest Brewer's Caramel.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-15-2001

4.6/5  rDev +51.3%

4.5/5  rDev +48%

4.4/5  rDev +44.7%

4.33/5  rDev +42.4%

I don't care: I like this beer. I first had it on draft at the hotel we always stay in in Montreal, and I was just amazed at how pleasant and easy it was to drink. The taste is there, and you can keep on drinking them. Last had on draft in April in Montreal...Clear irish setter red when served, came topped with a nice white frothy head. Clean aroma. Great medium mouthfeel, good carbonation, it's mostly all malt with a biscuity aftertaste. I guess this could be my favorite macro! I would not turn this beer down. Since I've been known to have many in a row, it gets a 5 for drinkability.

4.27/5  rDev +40.5%

Rickard's Red has finally been added to the inventory of beers available New Brunswick Canada's liquor stores.
This excellent red ale was first introduced to me some 5 years ago in Ontario forcing me to travel far and wide to get my hands on a few.
At a recent tasting with a few friends Rickard's Red was at the top of the list along with a local New Brunswick beer called Alpine. At this tasting we learned not to mix too many types of beers together as the drinkabiltity of lighter tasting beers such as Corona and Budweiser were very negatively affected by the stronger tasting ones such as Rickard's.

4.18/5  rDev +37.5%