Laurentide

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 16 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
kevofficiel from Canada

3.12/5  rDev +11%

Laurentide from Molson Coors. Bought a 12 can for 16,99$ here in Montreal,

Look: Yellow clear golden color. About half a finger of head that stays.

Smell: Hop.

Taste: Corn and some hops. Nothing too wow but much flavor than the adjunct lager.

Feel: Light to medium body, very easy drinking. The flavor stays on the aftertaste. Very nice

So overall would I recommend it? Sure, this beer is a better choice than your typical Adjunct Lager.

Feb 09, 2017
dionisio from New Jersey

4.42/5  rDev +57.3%

Oh man this is sad that they don't make this anymore. I only had this one time but I had a lot of it this one time that my friends and I camped in Quebec. Yea I know this is not a respectable type of beer according to the shared opinions of beeradvocate types, but this beer is really good to drink. It tastes a bit like milk, which I gather is the result of "adjuncts" but fucking whatever. If you like drinking liquid that tastes good, this was a good product. Especially if you like it when that liquid gives you a buzz.

I gave the appearance 3.5, because I never poured it out of the bottle, except for into my mouth.

Feb 15, 2011
TwinSox33 from New Hampshire

2.8/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

I've been told this beer was very popular in Québec in the 60's, 70's, and early 80's. It seems to now be relegated to "Québécois PBR" status. I found it on a ride back from Sherbrooke at the duty free near Stanstead and Derby Line,VT. It seems somewhere inbetween Molson EX and Labatt 50, with, dare I say it?..less flavor. It's got a watery texture, light faint tannin hoppy flavor, and goes down easy. Maybe a little corn syrup like adjunct in there somewhere, but really can't tell. I think this may have been a Francophone pride answer to 50 back in the day, because of the cool retro looking Rooster logo.

Jul 02, 2008
CrossArmant from Virginia

3.87/5  rDev +37.7%

I was pleasantly surprised when I took a trip to Montreal and found this. It was the cheapest beer per bottle they had at the Super C, so I got the 28 pack of bottles.

Appearance: Nothing to special, a regular Blonde Ale.
Smell: A nice slight hoppy smell, though not overwhelming.
Taste: I was very surprised how good it tasted, it had that American Blonde Ale taste of Bud Light, etc. but with more flavor and presence.
Mouthfeel: I enjoyed it, it wasn't a chugging beer to me, but it wasn't quite one that you savor in your mouth for a long time
Drinkability: This beer definitely can be drunk for a good while, goes down very smooth, little after-taste.

Overall, a very good beer for being Quebec's Cheap beer.

Mar 11, 2008
Barraclou from Canada

Presentation: Here's another Quebec classic one. Laurentide could be considered as a French Canadian Bud. It used to be a best-seller, but since a few years, it is only sold in 28 (24+4)economy pack.

Appearance: It is just another yellow fizzy beer.

Smell: The adjunct aroma is very present and some hops is found in the back.

Taste: It tastes old-style macro.

Mouthfeel: It is average. Not bad, not good. Just a typical mouthfeel.

Drinkability: Overall, it is just an ordinary beer for ordinary people.It is ok, if you like Bud, Miller and that kind of stuff.

May 28, 2005