Carling Black Label Big 10%

SCORE
n/a
Carling Black Label Big 10%Carling Black Label Big 10%
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.
Ratings by Socialiste:
Rated by Socialiste from Canada (QC)

Sep 12, 2014
More User Ratings:
Rated by Jerris from Canada (BC)

The king of beers if Thor was a beer black label would be Chuck Norris
Jun 30, 2020

Rated: 4 by Bob9750 from Kentucky

Aug 07, 2014

Rated: 1 by Thunderchief from New York

Feb 20, 2012
Reviewed by biboergosum from Canada (AB)

2.59/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5
40oz of 10.1% ABV powder keg of...AAL? How is this not a malt liquor?

This beer pours a clear pale yellow colour, quite effervescent, with two fingers of creamy white, almost meringue-like head, which stays around for a surprisingly long spell, eventually leaving some streaks of high-cloud lace around the glass - huh. Looks more like a decent beer than most lagers out there. It smells of cooked corn, plastic and sugary alcohol. Uh huh. The taste is sweet, saccharine booze and corn syrup, with maybe some rice pudding huskiness. And there we go. Said alcohol displays a mild warmth, not the heat one would expect from the hard-to-miss label pronouncements. The carbonation, while active-looking, is actually quite mild, the body medium-weight via it's simple sugar solution quality, so tenuously balanced between smooth and cloying. It finishes still obviously sweet, with a mostly overwhelmed drying edge of metallic C020H.

Well, while not something I can in good faith recommend for the flavour, I can't help but marvel somewhat at the sublimated power of this beverage - sweet and boozy, yes, but not near head-shakingly so. One small glass of this is enough, as I can detect the standard drop-off beginning as it warms, and I don't want to know what that translates into at bottle's bottom. That said, I found this fairly easy to drink, as I suppose the hobo I find to relay the last 32 ounces or so to will heartily agree.
May 04, 2011
Reviewed by Nickademus from Canada (ON)

Great stuff. This is a really good beer. I like it, it has that taste in beer that is good. You should try it - It comes in a big bottle!

I had it with some friends, we got so drunk that night, it made it even better. Listen to Metallica when drinking this fast!
Mar 20, 2010
Reviewed by squeezr from Ohio

This would be a good college hazing choice...This isn't beer, I don't think... Looks like dirty motor oil in the glass, tastes like jailhouse home brew, definitely a beer with some burn factor...I recommend it if you want to get trashed toot sweet but, its not really beer.... I have no idea why I tried this ... Yuck!
Jan 31, 2010
Reviewed by Barraclou from Canada (QC)

2.73/5  rDev -2.2%
Here's another dirt cheap beer, but that time it got a very high % in alcohol (10%).

Appearance: It pours a dark reddish brown fluid with some usual white foamy head.

Smell: It smells alcohol and cooked grain.

Taste: It tastes alcohol and grain. It is sorta like a cheap rye or whiskey, if you see what I mean.

Mouthfeel: Its burned a little my palate. It is too carbonated and it lacks more mouthfeel.

Drinkability: My expectations were not really high, but that's the only way to appreciate it. At CAD 4.19 per 1.18L in the Quebec market and having 10% ABV, it is a good source of cheap macro booze, but really not quality craft beer. I know this is obvious, but I wanted to warn you. At your risks.
Aug 01, 2005