Coors Slice

Coors SliceCoors Slice
Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3
3.01/5  rDev -20.6%

473 mL can from the LCBO; coded Apr 12 2019 and served slightly chilled. If I'm going to review this, I might as well do it back to back with Bud Light Orange (and get it all out of the way in one night). Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion.

Pours straw yellow, effervescent and crystal clear, with one finger of loose, foamy white head seated atop. It fizzles off within a minute's time, leaving behind a thin cap and collar - looks like any decent macro lager. I'm only getting orange flavouring on the nose, and frankly I don't know what else I was really expecting. Inoffensive.

Not much to say about this one, other than I don't mind it. Hints of grainy, corny cereal malt are largely obscured by notes of mandarin orange, shifting into more of a "natural orange flavour" oiliness towards the back end of the sip. The orange flavour is moderately potent, without being overbearing. Light in body, with moderate carbonation levels that provide a bit of spritz to its somewhat slick-feeling texture. At least a little refreshing; served ice cold on a golf course on a sunny day, I can see the appeal.

Final Grade: 3.01, a C+. Coors Slice was fine, I suppose: I've certainly had worse light lagers, flavoured or not. Truthfully I'd much rather just drink a Coors Banquet, but that goes for basically any fruity macro lager variant. That being said, these sorts of brews aren't targeted at me, and that's fine - fans of Bud Light Lime and the like might still appreciate this one, and cheers to them. I doubt I'll be buying it again, though.

Coors Slice from Molson Coors Canada