Old Style Pilsner | Molson Coors Canada

Style: German Pilsener

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-05-2002

1.42/5  rDev -49.8%

1.5/5  rDev -47%

Pilsner pours a light yellow, and has a soapy head. The taste is bizarre depending on what can you drink. I found that the beer tasted like melted glue and depending on the can, it has a harsh taste that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Wouldn't recommend.

1.52/5  rDev -46.3%

1.64/5  rDev -42%

From Notes from Calgary Trip 9/27 - 10/1, consumed at The Garage. Some beers I had were good, some where bad. This falls into the latter category. When I was trying to decide what beer to try, I asked the bartender about this one, as its green tap handle that just read "Pilsner" left a lot to the imagination. The bartender called it redneck beer (I didn't know Canada had rednecks) and tried to steer me clear of it. I should have listened to him.

Appearance: Poured into a pint glass golden yellow, like any other macro. This one had a big foamy head (which like a macro style fell to nothing). Moderate streams of carbonation bubbles evident.

Smell: Bad. A foul aroma, hot dirty socks, some adjuncty sweetness also, but I don't think its supposed to have any adjuncts.

Taste: Just not good either. It was a little bitter indicating some hops, but nothing else outstanding. Left an aftertaste in my mouth.

Mouthfeel: Light and lively, but somewhat soapy. And that dang aftertaste...

Drinkability: If I was at home I would have dumped this, just not worth my time. But I was at a bar and felt obligated to suck it up and battle through this. I know it wasn't a bad tap line either, they had two taps of this and a small sample pulled from the second tap was just as bad for me. Skip this one.

1.71/5  rDev -39.6%

Thanks Josh. Pale straw with a foamy white cap, leaving scads of lacing. Faint malty and corn aromas, tin and bread also present. Sweet malt flavours, corn and grain/hay/grass? Strange creamy mouthfeel, almost unpleasant. Odd bitter tin finish. Not in my top 100.

1.93/5  rDev -31.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Eww, if you want cheap beer this isn't a good brew to buy as there are better tasting more refreshing ones out there. This is what mom and dad used to drink when I was little and as soon as I was old enough I tried and was greatly disapointed.

2.06/5  rDev -27.2%

2.13/5  rDev -24.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

Same old boring yellow fizzy stuff

2.18/5  rDev -23%

A- Light piss yellow, with a fairly decent head

S- Not a whole lot of scent but hints of grass are in there.

T- I can taste a little corn, with the dry grassy taste, slight hop bitterness.

M- Lots of carbonation

D- Cheap and a generic pilsner, so i can easily down 12 in 1 sitting. Good for a backyard BBQ with lots of people.

Serving type: Can

2.2/5  rDev -22.3%

My ex girlfriend made me took that beer(she's from Saskatchewan), well first I bought that beer after 1800, so the price went quite high and end up for 21$ for a 12 packs, oh yeah added that it took me 2 hours to drive forth and back to the nearest village, God bless her sense of humor!

What can I say about that beer, nothing much, it is a quite average beer, with average everything. Unfortunately I only drank up from the bottle so I cannot really comments on the smell and look. I felt it to be very drinkable but with a particular bitter taste not leavin me easilly.

Anyway that beer reminds me that my ex father in law, rejected 6 bottles of Unibroue for his Molson Canadian, what a bugger eh.

2.24/5  rDev -20.8%