Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Molson M | Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada
Ontario, Canada
molson.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Molson M, the world’s only Microcarbonated lager is proudly brewed with precision and consistency. An authentic, 4.9% lager with an exceptionally easy drinking taste, because details make the difference.

Years of innovation have enabled us to create this Microcarbonated lager based on Molson Coors’ proprietary process. This process allows us to brew Molson M to the ideal level of carbonation to deliver all the goodness of the hops and the subtle flavours created by the yeast during fermentation, delivering a lager with an exceptionally drinkable taste.

Added by ZorPrime on 11-21-2009

1.06/5  rDev -56.2%

Bottle: Poured a pale bright yellow color ale with a small bubbly head with no retention or lacing. Aroma of corn and other crap adjunct is very light. Taste is also dominated by corn and crap adjunct thought very light and this ends up being very close to ginger ale. Not as bad as extremely bland.

1.25/5  rDev -48.3%

Had a bottle of this at Tony Roma's recently. I thought, "What the heck, let's try out the new guy!" My biggest curiousity is, "What the hell does micro-carbonated mean?" Let's find out!

Clear and golden in colour. No head. What? No head and no carbonation streams. I guess the micro carbonation is so small I can't see it.

Aroma is grain and corn sweetness. This is beginning to look like a mistake.

Cooked veggies, grains, adjuncts (corn) with a hint of sweetness. Finish is wet and brief.

Mouthfeel is flat and syrupy. It's like a flat pop. Terrible.

Stay away. I believe "micro carbonated" means FLAT. When the waitress asked how it tasted I told her in no uncertain terms how bad it is and she said, "Ya, I don't like it either." So I gave her some good natured razzing for not warning me before putting this crap in my mouth and she said, "Some people really like it." What the hell? Who could like this? I predict it will be off the market in a heart-beat, never to be heard from again. Quite possibly one of the worst beers I've ever had. AVOID.

1.25/5  rDev -48.3%

1.32/5  rDev -45.5%

Using a slick advertising campaign loaded with fancy words like "microcarbonated" Molson piqued my interest enough to purchase a pack of this stuff. Oh how I wish they'd have forgone the expensive marketing and "revolutionary" (and secretly proprietary) carbonation technique in favour of developing a beer which does not insult my mouth.

Poured into my trusty Vancouver Canucks ale glass.

Piss yellow, crystal clear, no head, no lacing, very sparse carbonation (is that what microcarbonation is? None?) I initially figured that this was a bad bottle, poured it out and the second was equal. wtf is this s#%t...

Smell is the best thing it has going for it, in that it actually smells like SOMETHING, an inoffensive sweet grainy smell. Not good though.

Taste is pretty lame, but not disgusting. Weak generic malts with a hint of old apples. No bitterness whatsoever. Meh.

This feels like a taste test of my homebrew before I bottle condition it (I hesitate to compare it to heavily to my homebrew tho, as my beer is actually not bad). Hardly carbonated, seems stale. Serve extra cold because as this warms it gets a but fumey.

This is one of the worst things I've ever had the displeasure of consuming. Avoid like plague infested lepers.

1.4/5  rDev -42.1%

Wtf with that bubble thing

1.43/5  rDev -40.9%

Bought for me, I chose it as it was new to me and I already suffered through a Coors Light. Can poured into a plastic beer cup.
A: Tight white head that disappears in mere moments. Clear pale straw body. What more could you ask for from a BMC lager?
S: Not much there except fr the sweetness I find so preveltant in adjunct lagers.
T: Grainy with a hint of corn with other unwanted vegetal flavours coming to the palate party. An underling metallic tone that is incredibly off-putting. Virtually undrinkable, and makes the Coors Light taste delicious by comparison.
M: Stunningly, less carbonation brings out more off flavors in a BMC and leaves you with a thinner less crisp and biting finish. Appalling.
O: I am not want to drink and review BMC lagers, although I will at times. I felt it necessary to write this review to emphasize the unpalatable and undrinkable nature of this beer. Microcarbonation = Macrocrapination!

1.5/5  rDev -38%

1.65/5  rDev -31.8%

Horrible beer. Would not recommend to drink to add to your beer list.

1.69/5  rDev -30.2%

Thanks to Mike at Little Guy Liquor for the sample. From a 355 ml can. Pours out a clear straw colour, lots of carbonation action, head settles quickly to a thin creamy cap.

Sadly there was the funk of adjunct and chemicals as soon as I cracked it open to pour. Oh lovely.... Sweet corn and grainy malt on the nose, mild bready malt farther in the background. No hops being accentuated by those micro-bubbles. No hops at all.

After the first sip my impression is that Molson is attempting to produce the blandest beer available on the market. If microcarbonation is supposed to remove almost all traces of flavour, then perhaps this can be deemed a glowing success. I can't in good faith list this as a straight 1, as there's no serious offensive flavour in there; really, there's just an absolute lack of flavour. There's nothing to comment on really. Well, there is a mild chemical burn noticeable on the finish, where hops would normally be. And that certainly isn't hops going on there.

The mouthfeel has a bit of bite from whatever chemicals happen to be lurking in there, and has a texture akin to seltzer water, but overall comes across on the thin side.

I admit I don't get it. That is the hype around the "microcarbonation" going on in this beer. Actually I do get it. The company came up with a marketing buzzword to garner attention, yet in the end it's just a hollow straw man. If flavour frightens you then this beer was made especially for you. Otherwise don't believe the hype or get sucked in, there's nothing really here. If you're concerned about getting filled up too fast pass on the thought of a beer entirely and go have some tap water.

1.77/5  rDev -26.9%

Had on tap at Toronto's Cask and Firkin. Served in a pint glass cool.

A-Golden clear yellow, light white head

S-Nothing

T-Corn cereal veg aftertaste

M-Light

D-Microfermentation? Really? Tastes like a regular Molson microcarbonated?

Sent from my iPod

1.85/5  rDev -23.6%

The commercials and advertising claims make Molson M out to be something quite unique - its appearance, however, suggests it's anything but special. Its pale straw colour and watery, clear complexion is predictable and ubiquitous. And for all this hype about carbonation, the beer has no head and the bubbles are spent within minutes!

The nose is saccharine sweet (like cotton candy) and smells of canned creamed corn. The only instance this bouquet is acceptable might be, perhaps, in the cheap jugs of sparkling white wine high-school students buy on prom night. A touch of roasty caramel malt is surprisingly noted but, sure enough, is found on the ingredients list.

Assuming, for a moment, that Molson M is "more gently" carbonated, this non-sense about "preserving all the goodness of the hops", well, that's pure hooey. For one, the beer is brewed without a trace of hops to begin with. Secondly, what do the bubbles have to do with bitterness or aroma? Carbonation was about all Molson lagers had going for them!

As result, the toning down of bubbles has led to a jacking up of the cloying, adjunct-ridden flavors of canned corn and soggy white bread. There's fewer bubbles to distract from them. The sips that taste of nothing are a welcomed departure from those that stick to the tongue like scotch tape and rip off in the aftertaste flavors of mildewy cardboard.

Big breweries rely on the fact that a fool and his money are easily parted - today I am that fool. The registered trademark "microcarbonation" sounded to me like the stupidest, most made-up pile of advertising garbage and now, having tried it, I can say for certain that it is. This product is fit for marketing classes, maybe, but not the beer fridge.

1.87/5  rDev -22.7%

I don't know what I was expecting from this beer. The commercials are nice, but come on. It's a Molson product. Can it really be that good? Well, let's find out. This beer pours your usual pale golden/yellow colour, with very little head to speak of. Smell is very light of hops, malts and a bit of spice. Hey, spice. Tasted a bit stale. Some malt flavour, some hops, but overall it tasted bland and stale. Mouthfeel is watery. Overall, I'd rather have Canadian. Or even Coors Light. This is an overrated beer that a huge producer is trying to put a quality spin on. Well, their is very little quality to be had.

1.89/5  rDev -21.9%

New Molson beer. On the can, it says Premium Lager... we'll see. Also new is that the beer is microcarbonated. No clue what they mean.

A: Pours pale yellow and very clear. Typical. There is actually a good head that is soap looking. Disappear quickly.
S: Nothing strong, mostly cereals, grains and corn.
T: Cereals dominated taste with light notes of corn.
M: Thin body.
D: One is 'nuff... a beer to drink to quench your thirst, but I wouldn't want more than one!

Sorry I tried to be positive somewhere... better than Molson Ex...

I dont know what is new from this beer...

Molson M from Molson Coors Canada