Molson Canadian Light | Molson Coors Canada

poor
good
Read the review
Molson Canadian LightMolson Canadian Light

Molson Coors Canada
Ontario, Canada
molson.com

Style: Light Lager

Canadian Light maintains the same character as Molson Canadian, which is slowly fermented to provide a light beer.

Added by IrishRedRock on 08-19-2002

3.48/5  rDev +31.8%

I do believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that this is the beer that was replaced by Canadian Light. I have now had both, and they are eerily similar. However, I wont compare, I will just review this one, which I am drinking now.

Golden in color, and the lace actually is sticking all the way down the glass. Very smooth, not much flavor at all, and a bit watery. Therefore it's extremely easy to drink. I have had a few already and am feeling nothing. Definitely a better light than the BudMillerCoors light offerings. Oh well...I think its defunct anyway, but hey, cheers!

2.85/5  rDev +8%

For a light this is very nice...for a light.
Colour is a weak, thin, golden hue. Head was one finger when arrived and quickly disapated and carbonation was light.
The nose was minor and thin as the colour.
But, the taste for a light was acceptable, evenly balanced, lite(ly) hopped and finished better than anticapated to the malts.....again, lightly.

1.24/5  rDev -53%

From notes 8-20-08

Eye: This beer is disgustingly clear. It is so clear that it looks more like water than like beer. The color, I wouldn't even call it yellow/straw, its more like tainted water. Head is white and has decent retention, ½ a finger I'd say. Looks like some nice lacing too.

Nose: Sweet notes followed by lots of rice, thats only the first time I get my nose in the glass. After that there is nothing, its almost as if that was all the aroma it had and it went right into my nose. Clean smelling water. It really has no aroma at all.

Tongue: There really isn't any flavor here. Rice is obvious, and what other flavor is here is terrible. I'm sad to have to call this beer. Slight sweetish notes chasing the aftertaste and quickly vanishing leaving an acrid and very dry aftertaste in the mouth. Agghh I hate this beer, it is so bad!

Mouthfeel and Drinkability: Extremely light in the mouth, the consistency of carbonated water. Finish is dry. Easy to quaff, and if you're going to drink this you'd better be quaffing it. There's no other reason to drink this shit beer. If you're not drinking this to get wasted (because I'm sure it'll only take about 10-12 of these bad boys) I have no idea what is going on with that fucked up brain of yours. If someone tells me that this is their favorite beer, and that it tastes so good, I'm going to laugh in their face. Really, really glad I didn't pay for this. This beer isn't worth the minuscule amount of iron in my shit.

1.5/5  rDev -43.2%

Poured a 2" white head. Very light clear straw yellow color. Smells like grass and some sort of mild hops. Very mild taste of corn with a mild acidic zing to the finish. Although thoroughly mainstream BMC average I have to admit this wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I'd choose it over many of the other weak light beers out there.

2.5/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.75/5  rDev +4.2%

2.06/5  rDev -22%

2.93/5  rDev +11%

Poured into a pilsner glass.

Pours a clear light straw. Decent white head with better than expected head retention. Decent looks.

Brew smells of light hops and light malts. Bare minimum nose.

Brew is light, clean and would be refreshing on a hot day. Corn and sweet pale malts. Almost nothing flavorful or memorable. OK.

Brew is what it is, a light lager that wouldnt offend.

1.75/5  rDev -33.7%

2.97/5  rDev +12.5%

i drank a few which says a lot for a light beer. this had a little more flavor than other lights, but it still lacked. i would take it over bud coors miller any day, but i don't think i will take it at all. so far no light beers have really done it for me except for sam adams. lights are just not fantastic

3.08/5  rDev +16.7%

Wow...a light beer with some actual taste. In the world of light beers, this one stands out, albeit slightly. Pours out to a light, golden color in the glass with some lively carbonation going on. Not much aroma-wise, with a hint of cooked veggies coming through. The taste is decent, bordering on good. There is a bit of hop bit on the swallow, which actually shocked me a bit. As good as Sam Adams Light and one of the better, if not best (if there is such a thing), interpretations of a light beer

2.8/5  rDev +6.1%

A very pale golden color body with a thin fizzy white head that dissipated quickly. Aroma is rather light,some corn,faint hay,and a slight bit fruity,very faint citrus. Flavor is quite light ( as to be expected) a bit of pale malt,some other dry grain,a bit of noticable hops,smooth drinker,with little to no aftertaste,not bad for a light beer, I would buy this again if I were into the light beer thing.

2.5/5  rDev -5.3%

1.8/5  rDev -31.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

3.25/5  rDev +23.1%

2.75/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Molson Canadian Light from Molson Coors Canada