Molson Dry | Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada
Ontario, Canada
molson.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

An easy-drinking beer of superior character, Molson Dry has won numerous international brewing awards. This extra dry brew imparts a subtle impression of hops with no residual bitterness. Launched in 1989, Molson Dry was awarded the North American Specialty Lager gold medal by the 2002 World Beer Cup.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-15-2003

2.5/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I never understood why anyone would attach the word "dry" to a liquid. When I was younger I thought "dry" gin kind of made sense, because it made your mouth feel parched. And then I realized that calling a cocktail dry was a way to make it known that it was boozy, not watery. Both those make sense. But beer? WTF?

Anyhow, this has a grassiness similar to Rolling Rock, with big nodes of corn and other canned veggies. Not particularly beery, but there's something going on there and there are no off nodes. Bizarrely enough, I think I like the higher ABV "Cold Shots" version of this better, even though that particular beer seems marketed directly to wannabe homeless people.

2.48/5  rDev -2%

Work trip to Canada. No long review.

2.48/5  rDev -2%

Remember the dry beer craze? I think it was 2 years before the 'ice' beer craze..but I digress.

Average looking lager..maybe a bit paler than their flagship Canadian beer. Big, fizzy white head that quickly receded to a very thin cap/ring. Poor lacing. Again, average for a macro.

More adjuncts and less grainy malt aroma than what I'd expect from Molson here.

Taste is thin and watery. Some astringincy, but no real malt or hop flavor here worth discribing. Does finish dry so it gets to keep it's 'Dry' labelling I guess.

Thin, weak-bodied, and watery in my mouth...ugh

Molson took the flavor out of their Canadian and made Labatt's Blue/Coor's Lite instead. Pass

2.46/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.46/5  rDev -2.8%

A: Light golden beer with a decent head. Nothing very interesting but it's ok.

S: Some malts here and there. A bit of a bread smell too.

T: That's where I'm surprised. It has a nice malt taste! Bread is more present too and provides a bit more body. Hops aren't present much.

M: Watered down, but it isn't as bad as most macro lager.

D: very very high. Decent taste and light mouthfeel, it is easy to drink.

2.45/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Crisp, clean, like the Canadian Rockies.....bland like the snow too. Poured with an average head that faded fast. I couldn't smell anything from this beer. The taste left me a bit empty. A beer, that doesn't appear to be a beer. Had a "Bud/Miller/Coors-esque" feel to it that I could leave well behind.

2.42/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.38/5  rDev -5.9%

I almost forgot I had one of these on my trip to Momtreal...it really was a forgettable brew. Looked pale and fizzy, moderate head that didn;t saty long...sweet aroma some fruit and light hops..like a cider...taste and mouth were soft and mild...hardly any malt or hop profile...just smooth and sweet....uneventful abrupt finish....not very "dry"...not really much of anything...so smooth and soft no real flavor profile was apparent.

2.35/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.33/5  rDev -7.9%

Appearance - Poured from a 16 oz can into a basic 16 oz bar glass, pours a very clear straw yellow. 3 fingers of foamy head formed although I think that may have just been because I straight poured. The head dissipates fast leaving behind a thin film.

Aroma - Corn, cereal grains, Very faint hops and the classic metallic smell that haunts Lots of molson beers!

Taste - Sweet corn up front and that classic spring water lager taste, followed by some bready grains and very faint floral hops. The hops stick around though you get that classic molson metallic taste... It then finishes quite dry, guess the name makes sense.

Feel - Light watery body, light tingly carbonation, dry slightly bitter finish.

Overall - Just your average AAL, Nothing special, It states on the back of the can that it has no offputting flavors and I guess I cant argue that... I think the reason for that is because theres just not much flavor. This is pass in my books.

2.33/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.29/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.28/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.28/5  rDev -9.9%

As a canut, I had this beer in bottles, on tap, in pitcher, in binge drinking, you name it, it is one of the number 1 party beer! Appearance is quite normal, golden, lot of bubbles, average macro in fact. Smell is just plain normal, nothing funky, nothing great. Taste, I dislike that beer with that taste, pronounced taste that stay for a while, "no after taste they say eh!" well not for me, the molson dry taste stays a long time for me and I dont need to drink a few or I get sick. Mouthfeel is average, nothing bad, it is a beer that is conceipted for mass productions. Drinkability, I guess that her best point, it is easilly drinkable.

2.25/5  rDev -11.1%