Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Molson Dry | Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada
Ontario, Canada
molson.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

An easy-drinking beer of superior character, Molson Dry has won numerous international brewing awards. This extra dry brew imparts a subtle impression of hops with no residual bitterness. Launched in 1989, Molson Dry was awarded the North American Specialty Lager gold medal by the 2002 World Beer Cup.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-15-2003

1.53/5  rDev -36.3%

I tried this beer 2 years ago so I have to go back to my memories.
From that I remember I used to say that the Molson Dry taste like my dish washer.
This is not my taste at all. I know there is a 8,5 and a 10,1% I didn t tried those yet but my mouth doesn t want to taste it at all
This beer sucks so bad that the 12 pack when inside the garbage.
I don t know if there was something wrong with the pack but it was undrinkable.
I would try it again because it was the worst experience ever .
Would I recommend it ? Hell NO .

1.88/5  rDev -21.7%

1.75/5  rDev -27.1%

1.5/5  rDev -37.5%

1.75/5  rDev -27.1%

1.61/5  rDev -32.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Good for getting drunk in a dirty Quebec stripclub

2.94/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

It's been a very rough day, but I'm feeling good now. To end a day like this, certainly nothing beats a tall boy of Dry.

Molson Dry is a beer that I have some particular affinity for. Namely that apart from Faxe 10%, this is my go-to beer when I'm just looking for a buzz. This isn't a brilliant lager by any means, but at least it does have some appeal.

Regular Canadian is maybe my 3rd favourite Canadian macro, after Kokanee and Sleeman. However what Kokanee and Sleeman don't sell here is a stronger beer that you just can get drunk on. Molson Dry is that beer. The aroma and appearance are very similar to Molson Canadian if I recall correctly, but I'm drinking this one out of the can for that "classic" feel.

The taste is Canadian, but better. It's got the same sweetness, mild wheatiness and apparent corniness that you get with Canadian, except for one thing. This beer is smooth as fuck, and it has zero aftertaste. Bud Light Platinum can eat (drink) its heart out; this was first; and this does it better. The mouthfeel is also very smooth. The carbonation is there, but it doesn't burn your throat. Also notable is that this beer doesn't get progressively worse as it warms up as many other high ABV beers do (I'm looking at you, Faxe).

That's it in a nutshell. It's your basic adjunct lager, but it's a lot easier to swallow.

Molson Dry from Molson Coors Canada