Carling Black Label

Gots
SCORE
Poor
Carling Black LabelCarling Black Label
Notes: A contemporary lager beer with a light, crisp, refreshing aroma and taste.
Reviews: 76 | Ratings: 216 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by Jerris:
Jerris from Canada

Sweet and refreshing... Probably the only beer in the world that holds its taste at room temperature.. It's very citrusy to my taste buds like five alive.

Idk why maybe because I find cheese disgusting and absolutely horrible, just the smell of cheese alone is enough to make me vomit.

I do try different beers from time to time and I always endup going back for black label

old and true à beers beer never disappointed always consistent flavors

Jun 30, 2020
tinoirjunior from Canada

4.84/5  rDev +98.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

My prefered. It's a beer for real man enjoy a real beer, strong like a men, gente=le like a gentlemen, not a women beer, only for biker, or rocker man. Not for woossy or pussy just a beer for a man want to drink a beer to be satisfing is taste, and no after taste. You will be appetite for destrustion after it, and gently resolved after...THE BEST ONE!!!!

Oct 06, 2013
haharight from Canada

2.85/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Curiosity got the best of me and Black Label made it to the top of my to-do list. When making the purchase the older male cashier asked "Black label? Do you normally drink that." I knew I was in for something unusual with a reputation I had no idea about.

Opening the box the bottles were dusty, making it obvious this isn't a go to beer for the average beer drinker. I cracked the bottle and poured it into a glass. Very light yellow colour, not much foam, carbonation okay, and smells cheap.

First sip and my conclusion, not too bad. For the price there's a lot worse out there. I had no struggle getting through the case, in fact the only reason I haven't bought this again is because I have to drive out of my way to get it at the beer store. Not carried at all locations. I don't know why, compared to all the other discount beers out there Black Label is pretty damn good.

Good for summer BBQ's, relaxing watching the game, any occasion where you just want a decent beer. Can't go wrong for the price!

Feb 02, 2014
MVanTryke from North Carolina

1.21/5  rDev -50.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

This 'fine' beer tastes like aluminum. Even when in a glass bottle. So, if a soft, malleable yet determined, metallic taste is what you are after .... And, the price is oh-so-right. So, go ahead and fill the trunk. The mother-in-law is coming over for the weekend.

Sep 09, 2017
chinchill from South Carolina

2.62/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

12 ounce can poured into a snifter.
The beer is a golden yellow color with a weak white head of foam.

Light body and medium+ carbonation.

The aroma is light, sweet and grainy .
Flavor: weak but OK. Lightly sweet with faint hops and corn. Poor aftertaste.

Oct 26, 2015
RonaldTheriot from Louisiana

3.7/5  rDev +51.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Carling Black Label has a thick, white head, a clear, bubbly, straw appearance, and some lacing left behind on the glass. The aroma is standard: grain husks, sweetness, and straight-up beer. Taste is the same: sweet grain, sourness, a touch of bitter, some bite, and "that beer flavor". Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Carling Black Lager finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, and very dry. Some metallic taste shows up, which is usually the case with canned beer, regardless of what is claimed by the major media. Overall, I think this is a very good beer and it should pair well with a burger and fries. Check it out, if you ever run across it.

RJT

1.5/5  rDev -38.5%

Jul 09, 2013
-Andrew- from Texas

2.25/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Oct 01, 2016
EBeckett3 from New Jersey

Aug 09, 2013
DaveRinn from Washington

Jan 13, 2014
Beermaster70 from Pennsylvania

3.35/5  rDev +37.3%

A beer my Dad used to enjoy, back in the day. Picked up a case of 12 oz cans in Carlisle, PA. It's a warm, humid day and this is a beer that goes down easy. Has a good taste, makes me want to reach for another. This is one of my favorite American adjunct lagers....and that's a good thing.

Aug 09, 2013
nodder from New York

Jan 28, 2014
Pmicdee from Canada

2.5/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Mar 13, 2016

3.16/5  rDev +29.5%

Sep 15, 2014
BruceWain from Canada

4.66/5  rDev +91%

Poured into a frosted 16 oz glass. Very thick head, golden brown in appearance. Smell is not at all offensive. Very little hops, somewhat grainy flavor. Overall, one of the best value beers I've tasted. Would highly recommend this for an inexpensive drink with a nice flavor. I drank about 16-20 of these in my first sitting, with 5% ABV I was highly intoxicated but I couldn't stop myself. Be careful, Carling Canada's Black Label is impossible to put down.

Dec 01, 2013