Carling Lager | Molson Coors Canada

Added by slitherySOB on 03-05-2013

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 30
1.3/5  rDev -45.6%

DO NOT BUY THIS BEER.
I bought a pack of 6 cans. The price is really interesting. I think Molson is trying to get some sell on the economic beer. But they totally screw it up.
Like is undrinkable. I had 3 beers and I could hold it. Even trying to drink 1 beer a day of this was impossible. I had to put the 3 other cans in the garbage. I don t know how people drink that beer
If u are on a budget and u don t have a lots of money to spend please go buy a Pabst but not this one.

1.75/5  rDev -26.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

This beer is your typical bargain buck a beer adjunct lager. Sweet, corny, and boring. No hop presence whatssoever, and it gives you gas. Not particularly offensive, but I'd rather drink other beers. Hell, I'd rather drink other adjunct lagers than this.

3.18/5  rDev +33.1%

Completely solid Canadian style adjunct. I've written about this in the past, and I think that Canadian adjuncts should be considered the own sub-category, although I'm far too illiterate to explain what exactly that would entail. I do know, however, that the majority of Canadian adjuncts I've had that aren't sold stateside (Molson Export, Labatt 50, etc) have a richer flavor and creamier body than most American adjuncts, with even loss hop presence than their American counterparts and a warmer embrace of cereal nodes.

This is a good example of the style, though not as good as Labatt 50 or Molson Ex. Firm cereal start, crisp and lightly sour middle, light finish with a creamy body throughout.

I don't know where this falls into the (sub/super)-Premium tier of the Ontario beer market, or if such a tiering system even exists outside of the US, but I'd say this would compete well against the Pabst/Bud/Coors segment of the American market. If you absolutely despise macros, then of course you wouldn't like this (and I don't see why you'd bother to rate it).

3.55/5  rDev +48.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Solid adjunct. Crisp and refreshing. A bit more tart overall than the usual adjunct parade. Decent mouthfeel/body. Smell is pure roasted corn. Great citrusy aftertaste. Again -- nothing special -- but decent enough to go into the rotation.

Carling Lager from Molson Coors Canada