Simpler Times Lager | Minhas Craft Brewery

Style: American Pale Lager

Added by blackie on 10-11-2008

3.7

View: Beers

I didn’t think I could taste something as bad as a strippers rear end. Then I had a Simpler Times. I could barely contain my nausea and wrenching. I don’t care if a six pack is only $3.00. Would you buy a six pack of diarrhea if it was only $3.00? Because that is what Simpler Times is, canned diarrhea. Actually, it’s worse than that. It’s canned diarrhea infused with swamp water.

Appearance - looks completely disgusting out of the can

Smell - smells like cheap alcohol mixed with windex

Taste - very bitter and filled with chemicals

Mouthfeel - the windex taste fills more & more with each sip

Drinkability - absolutely not. never again

Another crappy beer by Minhas. I don't trust Minhas Craft Brewery with any of their beers.

1.06/5  rDev -62.9%

Some "friend" of mine told me that this stuff was pretty decent for the (very) low price. So I picked some up for I believe $1.99/six-pack. Poured into a standard pint glass.

A) Putrid yellow.
S) An overpowering yet sickly sweet upchuck of malt. Very cheap tasting, and not in a good college-memory way but rather the opposite.
T) Picture yourself hunched over a rusty, metal trashcan. You've already vomited up most of the swill, but there's those really deep heaves that still bring up all that bile and pre-dung taste. Grab a sample of that concoction and you've got Simpler Times.
M) So disgustingly buttery and malty that you nearly pray for Bill and Ted to appear in their phone-booth, take you back about 5 minutes, and beat you senseless as to avoid consuming this devil liquid.
D) Let's put it this way; after attempting to drink this beer on two separate occasions, I let my kids make (supervised) "potions" from this crap. Besides, it seems there would be no way to make this beer any worse.

By the far the worst beer I ever consumed, taking the reign away from Schlitz.

More amazing is that some of these reviewers rated this beer the same or higher than Wipeout IPA and A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale. WTF.

1.09/5  rDev -61.9%

Sweet. Way, way too sweet. Vegetal boiled corn and very coarse carbonation overwhelms any other flavor or aroma. I poured the first can into a pint glass. I should've tossed the rest, but I'm cheap and drank the last two from the can to try and blunt the experience. Halfway through my first can I started to gag a little after a pull. I know this sounds melodramatic, but it was just bad. My wife agreed. It took the two of us a week to get through the six pack.

1.16/5  rDev -59.4%

12oz can poured into a pint.

A- Pale yellow with heavy foamy head.

S- Awful. This is easily the worst beer I have ever had. Smells like weak pancake batter mixed with windex and cheap high alcohol wine.

T- Unbearable. Very skunky flavor with no malt character. The windex taste is overpowering. Im amazed anyone could finish a six pack.

M- Well carbonated but somehow feels chalky.

D- undrinkable

1.25/5  rDev -56.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I did not enjoy at all. Would never touch again.

1.29/5  rDev -54.9%

Can into pint.
Grabbed a mix-n-match 6 pack of tickable cans from Trader Joe's...

Very clear dark yellowy golden body with a huge 3 finger beige head. Wait, make that two finger, no one... Well shit. A thin film of beige bubbles is all that's left. No lace.
Little notes of lemony citrus hops come through, but are barely noticed above the massive sweetness of cereal-like grains and notes of boiled sweet corn.
The flavor is very sweet... Way too sweet in fact. The finish is even sweet, and that's bad in a lager-- the crisp clean finish of a cheap lager is one of it's selling points for me, and this hath failed.

Body is syrupy and heavy feeling.

Overall-- no thanks. This is poor, even in terms of representing the style!

1.3/5  rDev -54.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I can enjoy cheap, fizzy beer on occasion, but I would rather drink urine than another sip of this. Definitely in the running for the worst beer I've ever had.

1.35/5  rDev -52.8%

1.36/5  rDev -52.4%

Sweet taste, not much if a lager

1.4/5  rDev -51%

Hands down worst beer I've ever had.

1.44/5  rDev -49.7%