Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Boxer Lager | Minhas Craft Brewery

minhasbrewery.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by biggred1 on 09-25-2010

1.02/5  rDev -55.1%

Worst beer ever!! Don't do it!

1.03/5  rDev -54.6%

Yucky yucky yucky yucky yucky

1.05/5  rDev -53.7%

A few days ago I thought I had a bad beer - HA! This is even worse than the world beers I've had from the world's poorest countries. Totally sweet beer water and nothing more. Except some alcohol to get you wasted man. Aroma is a weird, not normally found in beer, sweet, um, not spice, sen-sen? no, some sort of cleaner/disinfectant I think.

1.12/5  rDev -50.7%

Pours a finger of surprisingly creamy off white head. Color is a clear gold.

Aroma: Grains, corns, and metal. I also get a slight chick pea aroma.

Taste: Taste is similar, but worse. More awkward flavors blending together. Kind of reminds me of a liquid shepherds pie with the corn and pea flavors blending together.

Mouthfeel: Bland and crisp. Light bodied with a high amount of carbonation. Ends buttery.

Overall, this was a terrible beer. Much worse than any other adjunct lager. Just not drinkable.

1.24/5  rDev -45.4%

1.36/5  rDev -40.1%

I, too, was lured in by the $13.40 for 36 cans price -- cheapest per fl. oz. I think I had ever seen. And I have no problem with a "just get wasted" beer, having glugged Schaefer and Schmidt in college -- though that was long ago and isn't the main purpose anymore. I don't drink to get bombed any longer. That said, when is this "just get wasted" beer going to give me so much as a buzz? Memorial Day Sunday, I think I could have chugged all 36 cans in rapid succession and not suffered so much as a mild-buzz headache. Water overloadl poisoning maybe. Was the 4.2% alcohol content before or after dumping the vat of water into the mix??? As for taste, can't comment on something that has none. If I wanted Aquafina, I would have bought it.

1.52/5  rDev -33%

Oh man, another CAN from Minhas to make me wish that I had never begun The CANQuest (TM)! I kid you not, their beers leave me sadder than any AmeriCAN Malt Liquor ever has.

The Crack & Glug came off without a hitch and I had over a finger of foamy bone-white head briefly until it just passed over like a cloud on a windy day. Color was a deep golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose smelled like green apples. That's it. Acetaldehyde and probably due to their yeast strain. Mouthfeel was fizzy like pop and had a bunch of bubble gum-like flavors on the tongue, including apple and grape. Jeez-O, man, but this bordered on flat out disgusting. Finish was Gag City Central, leaving me thankful for something to eat to kill the taste. My oh my, but Minhas never fails to disappoint. I wanted a beer real bad and I got a real bad beer, as is their standard. This is not going in my cooler or in the cooler of anyone with whom I am associated if I CAN help it!

Boxer Lager from Minhas Craft Brewery