Lucille IPA | Georgetown Brewing Company

Washington, United States
georgetownbeer.com

Style: American IPA

Added by appenzeller on 08-13-2010

A PERFECT brew for an IPA lover!

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

4.89/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I happened across this beer just by chance while in Seattle on business. We were having a beer on the sidewalk in front of Celtic Swell in Alki Beach. I had just finished one of their lackluster cream ales when the waiter came back to get our order for a second round. He asked me how the cream ale was and I told him I was an IPA guy. He said, "Then you want a Lucille". Yes I did and yes I do! The aroma from the Lucille is amazing. The strong, sweet smell of grapefruit hit us before he made it to the table. The taste did not disappoint either. Very smooth with a nice clean finish of citrus. Almost the perfect IPA in my opinion. This will now be my "go to" beer when in Seattle and I will search bars, pubs, restaurants that serve it. At least I know its available on Alki, I guess that's where I will have eat and drink when in the area. MY old standby was Manny's, I now have a new favorite. That'd be Lucille! Just another note. I spent a week in Seattle in a 40 hour training class. At the end of the week, I got a text from a friend asking how the week went and what I was doing. I said, I have face buried in Lucille. I hope they didn't get the wrong impression.

4.88/5  rDev +19.9%

4.85/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.82/5  rDev +18.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.8/5  rDev +17.9%

4.79/5  rDev +17.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.77/5  rDev +17.2%

On draught at the Swiss. THIS is a NW IPA. Huge hop flavor, super dank, resinous, wow. Major aftertaste of hop oils. While on the dull orange side, there's not much more then a hint of biscuit to the malt. This is strait hop juice. Love it. Wow. Georgetown doesn't seem to do a lot of beers, but they do them well. Love there red DIPA, which I just realized I haven't had in way to long! B.B. would be proud of this one for sure, it really sings.

4.74/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

12 Oz can. Canned date, July 7th

Pours a copper body with a white head. Good retention and thin lacing

Very prominent grapefruit on the nose

Taste follows with a nice grapefruit bitterness

Crisp even feel

This beer screams 'Seattle" to me...I have been a fan of Lucille for quite a few years and up until now it was only available on tap. To some extent this has made Lucille a little larger then life to me. This canned product is still pretty good ! I have a regular gig playing blues a few blocks from the brewery and the Lucille there is amazing cause it's so fresh. If I had reviewed it there it would have been 5's across the board. Do yourself a favor. If you are ever in a bar that has it on tap get it !

4.71/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.67/5  rDev +14.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Lucille IPA from Georgetown Brewing Company