Arthur's Hazelnut Brown Ale | Kennebec River Brewery

Kennebec River Brewery
Maine, United States
northernoutdoors.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-19-2001

Reviews by ViveLaChouffe:
3.92/5  rDev -3%

Dark translucent brown with a thin light tan head. Smells of caramel malt and hazelnut.

Taste is like the smell, lots of nutty caramel malt and lots of hazelnut. Mouth is crisp and lighter than I anticipated. Goes down like silk. If you like hazelnut, a pretty good beer. If not, leave it alone.

4.5/5  rDev +11.4%

Hands down, best hazelnut brown I've ever had. Put's rogue's in a distant second. Nutty, but with a strong crystal flavor and perfect amber brown color.

Appearance: Perfect longlasting head, amber brown, perfect lacing.
Smell: Nutty and malty.
Taste: Strong hazelnut and biscuit like malt that promotes the nut flavor as the core flavor note.
Mouthfeel: nice medium body, minimal mouthcoating, clean finish
Overall: Single best hazenut brown I've ever had, hands down. Has every attribute I could want for a hazelnut brown.

4.06/5  rDev +0.5%

Deep red hued ale made with special roasted malts. Not bitter. Very easy drinking beer.

This is not retired as I just had 2 of them on 08/30/10 then again on 10/03/10. I was never a lover of a hazelnut brown ale's until I had this in in August. I spent the next month looking forward to my October trip.
This wonderfully crafted ale is served in a Ball mason jar. It has a dark mahogany color and a decadent hazelnut aroma. The taste is even better and finishes with an awsome nut after taste.
This brew is a wonderful drinking ale and a great selection when in The Forks.

Arthur's Hazelnut Brown Ale from Kennebec River Brewery