Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Brown Stout | Brewery Creek Inn Restaurant & Brewery

2.73/5
Poor

Brewery Creek Inn Restaurant & Brewery
Wisconsin, United States
brewerycreek.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by fantome on 08-26-2005

Reviews by DrZarkov:
2.76/5  rDev +1.1%

This was a great looking beer with a pleasant smell. Unfortunately it had an over-powering burnt coffee taste to it. Very strange taste. It looked good, dark, think and rich. Smell was nothing out of the ordinary and mouthfell was typical. Probably worth a try if you are into very bitter coffee beers, but personally I found it to be too much and I am a big fan of thick beers with coffee hints.

2.62/5  rDev -4%

Highly transparent brown (very light for a stout) with orange brown hues. Thin off white head. Below average retention and lacing. Light aroma of burnt grains, coffee, and chocolate. Sweet dark malt flavor. Decently balanced with a noticeable but light hop presence. Coffee and chocolate are almost imperceptible in the flavor. Body is way too light for the style. Feel is light and crisp. Carbonation is light to moderate. Sessionable but why bother. This beer lacks ingredients. Somebody got skimpy with the malts.

2.8/5  rDev +2.6%

I found this beer to have an interesting, complex aftertaste. However, when my tongue was done figuring out, I didn't like it.

I had another dark beer (Can't remember the name, and it's not listed on-tap on their website anymore) at Brewery Creek that didn't have ANY flavor at all. So I am pleased that this had a LOT of flavor. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

Brown Stout from Brewery Creek Inn Restaurant & Brewery