Bell Ringer | RJ Rockers Brewing Company

RJ Rockers Brewing Company
South Carolina, United States
rjrockers.com

Style: American Strong Ale

Our high gravity offering weighs in at 8.5% ABV and is delightfully loaded with malt and hops. This is an ale worthy of your sturdiest goblet or most treasured stein. Ring it!

Added by mikesgroove on 08-16-2007

3.7

4.75/5  rDev +28.4%

Found this at a local grocery store. So I had to give it a try, being that its a localy made microbrew.

Nice orange beige color, that poured up thick with a velvety head. Not much in the way of lacing, but has decent head retention.

Very nice aroma, hints of vanilla and caramel to be sure.

The taste reminds me of a fine congnac, something to be sipped and savored. Very malty, but not at all overly sweet. The hops seems to balance out the sweet malt wonderfuly, with a finish that is neither to bitter, nor to sweet.

Mouthfeel is very full and satisfying, velvety smooth as it hits the back of my toungue.

Overall, one of the best brews to ever grace my palate. Not a beer to be guzzled down by anymeans, as it does have a much higher alcohol content then your standard beer.

It would be a disgrace to simply chug down such an outstanding brew. Savor this beer slowly and enjoy!!

4.75/5  rDev +28.4%

A: Pours a clear clean orange color with a nice ivory colored head that sticks around and leaves good lacing.

S: Smells of citrusy hops and a bit of sweet malts.

T: Taste is quite hoppy. I think this must be a fresh keg because is it fragrant and very bitter as well. Nice clean flavor without a hint of alcohol.

M: Nice full mouthfeel. Good body with the right amount of carbonation.

D: This beer is very drinkable. My party went through 3 pitchers before we kicked the keg (the beer remained clear even on the last pitcher). The alcohol is deceptive and can creep up on you if you aren't aware of it.

4.6/5  rDev +24.3%

4.6/5  rDev +24.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Great IPA brewed locally . My go to for weekend

4.52/5  rDev +22.2%

Tried this beer in a bottle at Jay's Midtown Tavern in Greenville, SC. Pours with a bit of a chill haze which turns into a copper/amber shade. Hop notes aren't overwhelming but overall it has a pretty nice aroma to it. This is definately a full bodied beer...lots malt and hops. I was really suprised to find out this beer was an 8.5 ABV. I wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't written on the bottle. Overall, I was very impressed with this beer from RJ Rockers. Not sure I would classify it as a DIPA, the bartender even told me it was not meant to be a DIPA. Definately give this beer a try!

4.5/5  rDev +21.6%

Wow, so I finally made my way into Terry's Tap Room( review coming) today and found that they had this on tap. I had heard that rockers was putting out some high gravity stuff now, but had not actually seen any yet. Boy was I shocked when I walked in on this one! What do I order, well the answer to that is pretty damn obvious now isn't it!

A - Poured a nice hazy amber color. Not really dark , pretty average color. Nice two inch plus head was visible on the top, and really hung around for the entire session. Good side glass lace and some decent carbonation streaming up from the bottom throughout.

S - Aroma was very nice. No hint of alcohol at all. Good balance between bitter citrus hops and a piney sort of aroma. Decent amount of sugar in the back as well. Definatly balanced and not a hop bomb, but hoppy none the less.

T - Wow, so damn smooth and non bitter. This was easily the most sessionable double ipa I have ever tasted in my life. It was rediculous with how smooth and balanced it was. Not a touch of alcohol was present, just straight up good brew, Nice amount of caramel sugar mixed in with an orange peel and fresh grass hoppiness. Really well done and well rounded taste.

M - Awesome, super smooth and silky. This was really a treat. Great carbonation led to a good feel on the tongue. Ultra smooth drinker, dont think they could have nailed this one better for smoothness. My favorite beer brewed in the upstate by far.

D - I could drink this all night long. Could not even tell there was a kick to it. I would love to have this on tap in my fridge.

Overall this was just great. I cannot say enough good things about this. It was well crafted, awesome to drink and just a fantastic beer, anyone who wants to try, a growler is on its way I would be happy to send it!!

4.5/5  rDev +21.6%

Poured from a bottle into a tulip glass. It pours a ruby orange with a minimal white head. I accidently poured a bit of yeast from the bottom of the bottle into the glass, which immediately affected its clarity, but before I screwed up, it was pretty clear.

The aroma is a nice balance of hops, slight alcohol, and caramel malt. Similar to a standard amber ale in aroma, but with the obvious difference being the hint of alcohol.

The taste is dominated by a hearty portion of malt upfront with the hop bitterness coming through late after the sip is swallowed. It coats the tongue nicely. The beer is definitely thicker than an average amber ale (a clear indicator of its higher abv). The mouth feel is smooth with a perfect combination of of minimal carbonation prickliness and tongue-coating ability of this beer.

Overall, much better than I expected. I would definitely enjoy having this one again.

4.5/5  rDev +21.6%

My favorite of the Rockers collections. Bell Ringer has a dark copper color with a 1/2 inch head that fades thin. When I first tried this I expected a real strong alcohol taste being that it is a high gravity brew and 8.5%, but the alcohol did not overwhelm the flavor or aroma. Loads of malt and hops in this one! Hits the palate sweet with some bitterness towards the end. Be carefull with this one, 2 and I was on my way to getting my bell rung.

4.5/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a uniquely attractive mottled light colored head. The brew itself is a delicious hazy amber color. I found a slight floral aroma with a hint of citrus. Malty to the taste and pleasantly light on the hops. I would certainly enjoy drinking this brew again.

Bell Ringer from RJ Rockers Brewing Company