1. Introducing the Respect Beer® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to ad-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Son Of A Peach | RJ Rockers Brewing Company

RJ Rockers Brewing Company
South Carolina, United States
rjrockers.com

Style: Fruit and Field Beer

An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger. Available during the late Spring and Summer months.

View: Beers
Reviews by Janderson91:
3.57/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Extra sent by ridglens so thanks to him! No freshness info. Enjoyed on 08/22/11.

A - A little darker than expected. A hazy bright orange color with a small white head. Leaves very little lacing.

S - Smell is sugary sweet with the pale wheat aroma and the peach flavoring as well. Doesn't necessarily smell like natural peaches but I actually like it anyway.

T - Similar to the nose. Very sweet with the peach really coming through on the back end. Wheat sweetness up front. Finishes with a nice fruity flavor.

M - The mouthfeel is good. Nice and creamy with pretty low carb for a APWA.

O - Overall, this was a very enjoyable beer. Unique for sure.

4.63/5  rDev +30.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I really enjoyed this beer. While it has heavy peach flavoring, it's not sweet at all, so you can have more than one and not OD on the sweetness that is the downfall of many fruity beers (in my opinion). Give it a shot and see if you like it. I've definitely had MUCH worse. I'd buy this for my home (I originally had it at a bar). Happy tasting!

4.59/5  rDev +28.9%

Just tried this with Case Wood of RJ Rockers.

Appearance: Cloudy Mango/Orange/Amber Color. Slight head with very little lacing.

Smell: Fresh South Carolina Peaches with a hint of creamy aroma.

Taste: A refreshing wash of peach over the palate with a hint of brown sugar. An easy tart finish with notes of grapefruit/hops.

Mouthfeel: Refreshing. Feels wonderful on the palate. Medium-full bodied seasonal.

Drinkability: I was reluctant at first to try this beer. I've had a bad time with fruit driven beers in the past. This Pale Wheat is the perfect summer refresher. I highly recommend it not just for the girlfriend, but the craft beer enthusiast. It tastes fresh, and could be very enjoyable as a session beer. For the witbier/hefeweizen drinkers - take a step out of your box - this beer's a crowd pleaser.

2.85/5  rDev -19.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Meh. I tried this on a hot day in Florida since I thought it might hit the spot and its just not doing it for me. The aroma and taste were like the syrup from a can of peaches, which I personally don't find appetizing. I understand it says real peaches but I just wasn't tasting a fresh peach there. Maybe it was just not the right batch.

2.5/5  rDev -29.8%

2.86/5  rDev -19.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.71/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.94/5  rDev +10.7%

I haven't had this beer by itself, so I can't properly review it by its own merits. However, I feel that I would be remiss if I didn't suggest this:

Mix half and half Son Of A Peach and a Milk Stout (I had Duck Rabbit). What results is just the smoothest, maltiest, creamiest, peachy, mocha flavor. Highly Recommended. I typically do not enjoy a fruity beer, but another patron insisted that I try it, and even offered to pay for it if I didn't enjoy it.

3.25/5  rDev -8.7%

4.07/5  rDev +14.3%

Appearance is a cloudy gold; the thick white head has good retention. The smell is very nice with a noticeable peach scent, perhaps a bit of lemon in the background. The taste has typical wheat beer flavors of lemon and coriander, but with a touch of peach as well to make it interesting. It strikes a nice balance; slightly sweet but not overly fruity. I haven't had too many fruit beers that I've cared for, but this one was very good.

3.04/5  rDev -14.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

3.98/5  rDev +11.8%

4.6/5  rDev +29.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I happened across this beer at a local craft beer and burger joint in Brentwood, TN. It was recommended by a fellow YELP'er and it did not disappoint. Appearance - medium golden with light foam. Smell - wonderful peachy aroma but not overpowering. Taste - absolutely delicious wheat ale, not overpowering sweetness you might expect from a peach ale. Feel - great! Not too light, nice and crisp. It is my humble opinion a nice cold draft I thoroughly enjoyed. I try to go back when in town to have another. Haven't found it anywhere else yet. Disappointed to read its only available in Spring and Summer.

2.75/5  rDev -22.8%

3.5/5  rDev -1.7%

2.9/5  rDev -18.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Look: It pours cloudy orange with a white head.

Smell: It has aromas of peach and wheat.

Taste: It has flavors of peach, some orange, vanilla, and wheat.

Feel: It has a moderate feel with a dry moderately bitter finish that has a bit of astringent bite.

Overall, it is fruity but the finish throws it off.

3.25/5  rDev -8.7%

3.75/5  rDev +5.3%

3.77/5  rDev +5.9%

Poured into a pint glass, dark golden color, not a ton of head even when trying. Definitely smell the fruit in the beer. Good mouth feel, crisp, fresh, mine were bottled less than 28 days ago as I drink this. Pairs well with our dinner, grilled burgers, as I imagine it would with almost anything with strong flavor. The peach taste is there but not crazy peachy, just enough to feel like I'm still drinking beer and not one of my wife's wine coolers. I love anything from the Carolinas. They're great water makes for great beers and this one is up there for summery, sweeter tasting stuff that I want to be able to drink a few of in one sitting. Great for family grill nights but I wouldn't serve it at my poker games.

Son Of A Peach from RJ Rockers Brewing Company