Son Of A Peach | RJ Rockers Brewing Company

RJ Rockers Brewing Company
South Carolina, United States
rjrockers.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger. Available during the late Spring and Summer months.

Added by mikesgroove on 02-27-2009

2.25/5  rDev -37%

2.25/5  rDev -37%

2.3/5  rDev -35.6%

This beer is not working for me. The problem may be that this is a summer beer but it is January.

2.32/5  rDev -35%

Had a very artificial peach character to the aroma and flavor, not something I'll be revisiting.

2.33/5  rDev -34.7%

I must have gotten a bad bottle or something cause this stuff was absolutely horrible.

One of only 2 craft brews I could/would not finish. Most of the time even if I don't like it I'llstill finish it but I just ccouldn't. Down the drain and like $2-$3...

the one thing that was perfect on this beer was the smell... a full nice ripe peach smell.. even the beer itself smelt semi good...

Taste.... God awfull... ugh... taste burnt or overdone on the malt... peach taste is there but nowhere near the smell.. if you ever homebrewed and you got that one bad batch where you did something wrong... well this was that...

Overall I will return to it cause I'm certain I tasted an old or just plain ol bad batch.. but if this is what this beer is than I am mortified... sad to say but Id pick a big brewery beer over this one.

2.4/5  rDev -32.8%

This is what happens when you try to get cute with beer. I had such high hopes for this stuff. Heard it was the iconic beer of RJ Rockers. Looked great. Smelled great. Everything seemed to be going well until I took that first sip then . . . . I'm not sure what they have done to this beer. The peach flavoring must come from the peach pit. It doesn't taste much like peaches. As much as it pains me to say it, Bud Light Lime is much better. I'm just thankful I didn't buy a growler of it.

2.4/5  rDev -32.8%

Strange bitterness at the end

2.46/5  rDev -31.1%

A: Dark amber, nearly brown color and hazy to the point of being nearly opaque. Definitely too dark for the style. Minimal head, which disappears quickly. I don't see any carbonation bubbles in the glass which is weird.

S: Smells like peaches, but more like what you get from a Jolly Rancher than a fresh peach. It smells pretty good, but it doesn't have any other complementing scents.

T: At first there's a strange bite (possibly hops), and then the peach flavor comes in to wash it away. The aftertaste is a mellow wheat and peach flavor. It's not that great of a flavor though, it has a sickly taste to it and it is under-carbonated. The only thing saving this beer is the peach flavor.

M: This is highly under-carbonated. Not only can I not see any carbonation bubbles rising in the glass (and I do mean any), but I can't taste it.

O: Overall I didn't like this beer. It has a peachy smell and taste which is nice, but it's flat! I would not recommend this beer, and will not buy it again.

2.5/5  rDev -30%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

not a fan of this beer