Son Of A Peach | RJ Rockers Brewing Company

RJ Rockers Brewing Company
South Carolina, United States
rjrockers.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger. Available during the late Spring and Summer months.

Added by mikesgroove on 02-27-2009

4.75/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Great Peach taste, MUCH better than I could have imagined.

4.7/5  rDev +29.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.63/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I really enjoyed this beer. While it has heavy peach flavoring, it's not sweet at all, so you can have more than one and not OD on the sweetness that is the downfall of many fruity beers (in my opinion). Give it a shot and see if you like it. I've definitely had MUCH worse. I'd buy this for my home (I originally had it at a bar). Happy tasting!

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I happened across this beer at a local craft beer and burger joint in Brentwood, TN. It was recommended by a fellow YELP'er and it did not disappoint. Appearance - medium golden with light foam. Smell - wonderful peachy aroma but not overpowering. Taste - absolutely delicious wheat ale, not overpowering sweetness you might expect from a peach ale. Feel - great! Not too light, nice and crisp. It is my humble opinion a nice cold draft I thoroughly enjoyed. I try to go back when in town to have another. Haven't found it anywhere else yet. Disappointed to read its only available in Spring and Summer.

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.59/5  rDev +26.4%

Just tried this with Case Wood of RJ Rockers.

Appearance: Cloudy Mango/Orange/Amber Color. Slight head with very little lacing.

Smell: Fresh South Carolina Peaches with a hint of creamy aroma.

Taste: A refreshing wash of peach over the palate with a hint of brown sugar. An easy tart finish with notes of grapefruit/hops.

Mouthfeel: Refreshing. Feels wonderful on the palate. Medium-full bodied seasonal.

Drinkability: I was reluctant at first to try this beer. I've had a bad time with fruit driven beers in the past. This Pale Wheat is the perfect summer refresher. I highly recommend it not just for the girlfriend, but the craft beer enthusiast. It tastes fresh, and could be very enjoyable as a session beer. For the witbier/hefeweizen drinkers - take a step out of your box - this beer's a crowd pleaser.

4.56/5  rDev +25.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This beer "technically" hasn't been released yet, but I've managed to get my hands on it twice so far. Once from the tasting wall at the brewery, and once from a limited trial at Terry's a couple weeks ago. I know I've said Buckwheat was my favorite by RJR, and since I've only tried Son of a Peach twice I'm not going to refute that right now, but let's just say I am EAGERLY anticipating the release of this one! It pours a cloudy peach color with very little head. Aroma is dominated by peach which I think makes it seem like you taste more peach than you actually do. Not sure how or when they added peaches during the process, but it's certainly a unique blend of aroma and taste. This one is not overly sweet at all, especially for a fruit beer. There is a little sweetness at the end, but certainly a beer you could continuously down. Carbonation levels leave this beer crisp and refreshing. I'm sure there are some beer geeks out there that won't give this one a fair shake, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice job!!!

4.54/5  rDev +25.1%

SouthernBelle reviewed this one saying that some beer geeks out here may not give this a fair shake. Well, I'm a beer geek, a brewer, a BJCP certified judge, and a beer lover, and I'm about to give this one a very fair shake!

I had three bottles of this beer bottled from a keg of the second batch. I managed to stretch them over three days in order to be sure that my mood at the moment of tasting did not control my impressions. The following observations are an amalgam of those three tastings. One quick note: although at the time of this review the listing on BA categorizes this beer as an American Pale Ale, it is actually an American Pale Wheat Ale (according to the brewer and my taste buds). BA should probably fix this, but you need to understand that going into the review.

Appearance: excellent color (probably in the 3 to 6 SRM range), and a delicate white head. I believe this is an unfiltered product, and had the characteristic cloudiness of a wheat-based fruit beer.

Aroma: peach, peach, peach. The wheat beer that forms the base of this offering is present as an American wheat beer and so does not produce the esters and aromatics of its German cousins. The aroma is very clean, with the peach also displaying mango, pineapple, and apricot undertones. The hops are subdued in the aroma to allow the fruit to blossom. No diacetyl noticeable.

Flavor: again, the peach is up front on the palate, followed by a pleasant sweetness and the graininess of the wheat beer. The IBUs could be slightly higher to counter the sweet, but it is not out of balance as is. What is most important here is that the fruit and the underlying wheat beer are in excellent balance -- the fruit is not cloying, but it is very much present in harmony with the wheat. There is very little malitness, alcohol, or diacetyl present to distract the attention from the fruit and wheat.

Mouthfeel: medium-light body; carbonation level is present by not explosive. No alcohol warming.

Overall Impression: we have here a harmonious marriage of fruit and beer. The choice of peach is the perfect compliment to the American wheat beer, and it is well-presented. Perfect spring and summer beer.

4.51/5  rDev +24.2%

A great tasting peach wheat ale light in color with an amazing taste very sweet goes great w a salty pretzel ,but I only like to drink one because it's so so sweet most fruity beers are I only wish I like the rest of RJ Rockers beers which don't do,anything for me and my beer buddy's

4.5/5  rDev +24%

Pours a hazy, bright orange with a nice looking white head. Smells strongly of peaches, which is a good thing, and also a faint aroma of wheat, just enough to let you know that this is indeed a wheat beer. The taste is something to get very excited about. The peach flavour comes through very strongly, without at all being off-putting. After a few minutes pure amazement at the peach, my head returns from the clouds and the rest of the taste comes through, with a lot of other fruity and flowery notes. The aftertaste is a very sweet peach. The body is not too full but not too light either, very good for this type of beer. The all-around greatness of this will keep me reaching for more and more, especially during the sweltering summer heat.

Son Of A Peach from RJ Rockers Brewing Company