Son Of A Peach | RJ Rockers Brewing Company

RJ Rockers Brewing Company
South Carolina, United States
rjrockers.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger. Available during the late Spring and Summer months.

Added by mikesgroove on 02-27-2009

3.57/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.25/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.86/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This smelled amazing coming right out of the bottle. Tasted similar, that of a nice peach flavor with a decent amount of carbonation. Once you caught the after taste tho it was a little bland. Great up front but the back end lacked big time for me.

3.7/5  rDev +1.9%

3.92/5  rDev +8%

A: A hazy gold bordering on copper. Medium amount of head with little retention. Still, quite good.

S: The peach is strong, but not overbearing. Bready.

T: Peach, malts, biscuits, simple, yet effective.

M: It's a bit heavier than most other wheats, but I'm guessing this is due to the peach content.

A good beer. Won't be a regular for me, but glad I tried it.

3.77/5  rDev +3.9%

Poured into a pint glass, dark golden color, not a ton of head even when trying. Definitely smell the fruit in the beer. Good mouth feel, crisp, fresh, mine were bottled less than 28 days ago as I drink this. Pairs well with our dinner, grilled burgers, as I imagine it would with almost anything with strong flavor. The peach taste is there but not crazy peachy, just enough to feel like I'm still drinking beer and not one of my wife's wine coolers. I love anything from the Carolinas. They're great water makes for great beers and this one is up there for summery, sweeter tasting stuff that I want to be able to drink a few of in one sitting. Great for family grill nights but I wouldn't serve it at my poker games.

3.74/5  rDev +3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.9/5  rDev -20.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

3.39/5  rDev -6.6%

3.6/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.6/5  rDev +26.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I happened across this beer at a local craft beer and burger joint in Brentwood, TN. It was recommended by a fellow YELP'er and it did not disappoint. Appearance - medium golden with light foam. Smell - wonderful peachy aroma but not overpowering. Taste - absolutely delicious wheat ale, not overpowering sweetness you might expect from a peach ale. Feel - great! Not too light, nice and crisp. It is my humble opinion a nice cold draft I thoroughly enjoyed. I try to go back when in town to have another. Haven't found it anywhere else yet. Disappointed to read its only available in Spring and Summer.

3.67/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.7/5  rDev +29.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.08/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.14/5  rDev +14%

I really like this beer. As a local to RJ's I have tried most of their beers and this is my second go-to if i want something with a little bit more flavors than the Brown-Eyed Squirrel. The peach is very present but it is not overpowering in the least. It has just enough hops ABV to keep it an enjoyable beer for BBQ's, get-togethers, etc. My favorite part of this is the aroma and after-taste. Drink from the bottle or in a glass. Either way you can't go wrong.

3.5/5  rDev -3.6%

4.23/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

2.7/5  rDev -25.6%

OK beer with a hint of peach

3.51/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

4.25/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Smelled very peachy to me!! Full of initial flavor with light pleasant peach aftertaste. Decided to mix it with my favorite hefe and made a very nice fruity, but filling beer. Would definitely buy more

2.65/5  rDev -27%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Wow that's a fake peach flavor

3.83/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.22/5  rDev -11.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

3.61/5  rDev -0.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.23/5  rDev +16.5%

I like this flavor a lot and get a great scent from the beer. It could have a bit of different body to enhance flavor and more of a peach aftertaste. I would buy it again.

Son Of A Peach from RJ Rockers Brewing Company