Schaefer | F & M Schaefer Brewing Co.

SchaeferSchaefer
2.61/5
Poor
SchaeferSchaefer

F & M Schaefer Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
pabst.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by stirgy on 08-21-2001

View: Beers

The formalities first: pours clear yellow, fizzy white head. Disgustingly sweet corn syrup and metal aroma. Cotton candy and grass flavor, along with something sour and sweaty. Yay.

I brought this to a party one night as a joke. There just happened to be a cute blonde from Indiana that liked Schaefer. Needless to say, that was a really good night.

1.06/5  rDev -59.4%

1.1/5  rDev -57.9%

1.11/5  rDev -57.5%

Honestly, this is the second worst beer on earth. First place is the light version. We use to grab this in college for about 30 cents per can (and I was in college in the 2000's, not the 60's). Light gold color with some fluffy head I guess. Aroma is filthy corn and wheat, dirty must, and vomit. The flavor follows almost perfectly and this is really tough to get down during a game of beer pong. Avoid at all costs.

Photo of
1.25/5  rDev -52.1%

You had this beer. Write a review.

1.45/5  rDev -44.4%

From a can, poured into a glass. Aroma is kind of repulsive, it smells like something chemical or medicinal, combined with corn adjuncts.
Taste: A little too sweet, and again, you can taste something sour and medicinal, combined with corn and some hops, also, a little too carbonated.

1.45/5  rDev -44.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

The can assured me I wasn't drinking water. I wasn't expecting anything great when I picked up a twelve pack, I knew it was swill but I needed something for when I was painting. Never poured it out of the can so I am assuming that it is very pale yellow in color with a slight head and good carbonation. The aroma was non-existent. Mouthfeel was very thin, I have never had a beer that was this thin. The flavor is very subtle which makes this an easy drinking beer. At first I thought it was really bad, but after a couple it started to grow on me. Overall a drinkable beer that lacks any distinguishing qualities, the odds of me buying this again are slim to none.

1.5/5  rDev -42.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.6/5  rDev -38.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.61/5  rDev -38.3%

Pours a straw color with a dismal white head. No surprises here. Smells very grainy, which is fine by me, but there's this weird beef broth smell somewhere in there. Tastes like nothing but sugar with a hint of malt. Really, this has possibly less flavor than some light lagers I've had but with the bonus of being sickly sweet. I guess I should give it kudos for tasting somewhat like a malt beverage. Mouthfeel is like flat coke. Just gross. I don't want to drink this.

I'm not one to simply bash a macro lager just because it's a macro lager. I happen to enjoy some of them a great deal. This is really just that bad. Do yourself a favor and get Pabst or Schlitz instead of this. Same price but they actually taste pretty decent.

1.7/5  rDev -34.9%

Schaefer from F & M Schaefer Brewing Co.