IPA | Cervecería Allende

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 7
4.31/5  rDev +29%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I recently moved to Mexico. One of the most frustrating things about being here is the availability of good beers - especially IPA's. When I found beerhouse.com.mx, I was ecstatic because I could get IPA's shipped directly to my house. This is one of the IPA's I bought. Every Mexican IPA I have previously tried has been awful, so I wasn't expecting much. I wanted to have a go-to IPA that I could have while living South of the border. This might just be the one! It is not quite on par with offerings from Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada, Great Lakes, etc, but it is VERY close! Very pleasant and a wonderful surprise to find it is a Mexican brewed beer. I found it to be far superior to the few available imported IPA's I have tried down here (Adnams, Hoptical Illusion, The Immortal).

3.97/5  rDev +18.9%

This will not be my typical review as I write this from a restaurant in Playa del Carmen. After a wicked hot and humid day in the Tulum ruins, this will be my first beer after a week of tropical vacationing. It hits the beer spot, a hazy light amber-ish color, not much head, mostly caramel malt on the nose and tongue but honestly on this hot day there's just enough hops to be refreshing so take that as you will. I'm wicked tired and thirsty.

2.62/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

BBD: Dec 13, 2016.

L- Deep amber body, creamy white head with medium retention.
S- Tons of caramel and malts. Not a hint of hops.
T- Leans on the caramel malt profile, with a balancing floral bitterness taste.
F- Medium, smooth.
O- This is absolutely not an IPA, this is a malty APA. Very average.

IPA from Cervecería Allende