Heidelberg Lager | Pabst Brewing Company

Heidelberg LagerHeidelberg Lager

Pabst Brewing Company
pabstbrewingco.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by TheDM on 07-19-2003

Reviews by TheDM:
1.86/5  rDev -16.6%

This brew poured a medium head of fine white bubbles and a transparent straw wheat yellow body. It had a mild hop aroma and a initially fizzy miuthfeel with very little flavor, a very mild hop flavor if anything. We had this brew at the Frankenmuth Inn in Frankenmuth Michigan.

2.55/5  rDev +14.3%

This beer poured a small-medium sized head that quickly dissolved. It had a sweet aroma to it and the carbonation could be seen rising to the top. There was good lacing on the sides of my glass with this beer. I did not notice any bitterness with this beer. It did however lack character and was rather bland tasting in my opinion. I was not too impressed with this drink.

2.27/5  rDev +1.8%

Ok had wondered about buying this ( as it only comes in 12 packs) for a while.I hardly see it, only in a few grocery stores, though I hear once it was a quite popular beer in the PNW.
I am afraid its not a terribly good looking beer poured into a glas , pale cooking oil yellow colour, large white head that dissapears in an instant leaving little.
Smell is mainly sweet maltiness..corny.
Flavour is not that bad really..when very cold..its all malts of course, quite sweet,semi dry finish with some bitter aftertaste whic i doubt is hops.
KInda thin and watery on the palate.
Its drinkable in hot weather ,outdoors( i was camping)..but would not reach for this again

Heidelberg Lager from Pabst Brewing Company