Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) | Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)
2.94/5
Poor
Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

Pabst Brewing Company
pabstbrewingco.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

- ABV% 4.74
- Calories 144

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-24-2001

Ratings: 5,636 |  Reviews: 1,743

It doesn't taste/smell/feel like much anything, but ya know what? It's Pbr. It is exactly what you expect and it's cheap and weirdly lovable. Don't expect to be blown away, by any means, but it's a staple in a weird way and I'll always have a dumb admiration for Pbr.

Beer starts and ends with an ice cold PBR. Yeah we all like a nice micro brew from time to time. Or having a nice stout or IPA when the mood strikes. But lets be honest there is nothing better than turning on the game, sitting back and cracking a Pabst Blue Ribbon. My only gripe is that Miller has chosen to skyrocket the price of this once working class beer. PBR is the best, hands down.

I feel a sense of pride when I drink this beer.This is a classic american lager that I hold close to my heart so it is going to be hard to say anything negative about this beer,My cousin and I used to sneak this brew from my grandmother's fridge when we were just 11 or 12 and take it to the woods and drink them for my first ever buzz.Great beer Great price it pours an appealing light gold color It smells like sweet corn and malt.It taste like liquid gold.The mouthfeel is a little sub par but not enough to complain.The drinkability is unsurpassable but hey I'm biased.

Golden clean color in the glass and smells like a good cold crisp PBR should. It tastes like a good day on the river or getting face shots with ur bros and the mouthfeel is thirst quenching and refreshing. Overall its the best cheap canned beer you can buy and the can says nothin but freedom!

Good, has a rich history, cheap at bars!

Pabst Blue Ribbon. Where can I start? I have so many good memories with this beer. I lived in Albuquerque for a little while and we used to go down town to this Punk Rock bar named the Atomic Cantina. They had $1 sixteen ounce cans all day every day. Great way to start a night of bar hopping.
As usual, I review beers based on style but also reality.
Pabst is great clean American beer.

Nothing fancy here. Lighter than Budweiser, cleaner than Miller and Coors. Tastes like cold, clean, crisp goodness. Okay this is not a "beer snob" type of beer. It's not even my favourite beer either. But every once in a while I will choose this over ANY beer of ANY style. Usually when I'm broke, LOL... But that's besides the point.

Pours light golden in colour.
Smells like cereal grains and sweet malty overall
Smells very neutral. Slightly sweet.
Tastes clean and crisp. Dry beer before it was popular.

This is a classic. And I highly doubt it will ever go out of style or production.

My dads beer of choice. good stuff.

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) from Pabst Brewing Company