Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) | Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)
Liked This Beer
2.93 w/ 5,608 ratings
Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

Pabst Brewing Company

Liked:
2.93/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 5,608 |  Reviews: 1,735

I feel a sense of pride when I drink this beer.This is a classic american lager that I hold close to my heart so it is going to be hard to say anything negative about this beer,My cousin and I used to sneak this brew from my grandmother's fridge when we were just 11 or 12 and take it to the woods and drink them for my first ever buzz.Great beer Great price it pours an appealing light gold color It smells like sweet corn and malt.It taste like liquid gold.The mouthfeel is a little sub par but not enough to complain.The drinkability is unsurpassable but hey I'm biased.

Golden clean color in the glass and smells like a good cold crisp PBR should. It tastes like a good day on the river or getting face shots with ur bros and the mouthfeel is thirst quenching and refreshing. Overall its the best cheap canned beer you can buy and the can says nothin but freedom!

Good, has a rich history, cheap at bars!

Pabst Blue Ribbon. Where can I start? I have so many good memories with this beer. I lived in Albuquerque for a little while and we used to go down town to this Punk Rock bar named the Atomic Cantina. They had $1 sixteen ounce cans all day every day. Great way to start a night of bar hopping.
As usual, I review beers based on style but also reality.
Pabst is great clean American beer.

Nothing fancy here. Lighter than Budweiser, cleaner than Miller and Coors. Tastes like cold, clean, crisp goodness. Okay this is not a "beer snob" type of beer. It's not even my favourite beer either. But every once in a while I will choose this over ANY beer of ANY style. Usually when I'm broke, LOL... But that's besides the point.

Pours light golden in colour.
Smells like cereal grains and sweet malty overall
Smells very neutral. Slightly sweet.
Tastes clean and crisp. Dry beer before it was popular.

This is a classic. And I highly doubt it will ever go out of style or production.

My dads beer of choice. good stuff.

Reviewed for what it is, this is perfect. It's the best American adjunct by far in my opinion; far beyond Bud and its ilk. It's nothing when compared to craft beers, of course, but at $3.19 per 4-pack of 16 oz. tall boys, this is my go-to when I want to get messed up for cheap (cough cough I mean it's a great session beer). Perceptible hops, an okay malt body, and no gross aftertaste make this an excellent offering for the price, considering otherwise you'd be looking at Steel Reserve or something like that.

Definitely the best AAL.
Runs rings around Budweiser yet remains cheaper.
It's the only AAL that has a crisp finish, no funky-off flavors.
Best drunken from the can or bottle.
If lack of money forces you to the adjunct section of the beer fridge, always go with PBR.

These kinds of beers need their own scaling system, reviewed in the context of what they are (cheaper alternatives to craft) My rating reflects my opinion of it within it's market. Also would be pretty cool to see this beer hitting the "okay" mark on BeerAdvocate (it deserves it)

Cheers

It's America in a can! Grab a 40 of this stuff and sit around a good camp fire with friends. Cheap and delicious.

Incredible hop aroma balanced by a fantastic malt bill. Hints of delicious tropical fruits hand picked by god himself. This beer is best aged 5 years in a climate controlled cellar for best results. 5/5!!!

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) from Pabst Brewing Company