Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) | Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)
2.93/5
Poor
Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

Pabst Brewing Company

2.5/5  rDev -14.7%

3.75/5  rDev +28%

3.5/5  rDev +19.5%

2.61/5  rDev -10.9%

Appearance: Poured into a shaker. Pours a crystal clear very pale straw color with a soapy two finger head that quickly disappears almost completely.

Aroma: Not much, but what is here is not that appealing. Unexciting grains coupled with a metallic note.

Taste: Much better than the smell would suggest. Sweet, unobjectionable grainy malts, followed by distinct notes of rice. Little to no perceptible hop bitterness.

Mouthfeel: Light, lively carbonation. A bit too watery.

Overall: My go to AAL. While I think that Grain Belt is probably a better take on a somewhat woeful style, PBR is more readily available now that I no longer live in Minnesota. I can definitely appreciate a cold PBR with some barbecue on a hot summer's day.

This beer comes straight from the gods. with the best flavor i have ever experienced . with a golden piss color pour, it keeps screaming back for more. with a amazing head that you cant beat.when it hits your lips its like getting a kiss from baby Jesus, i cant stop drinking it and i probably wont till my liver fails. ALL HAIL PBR!

1.5/5  rDev -48.8%

2.25/5  rDev -23.2%

3.75/5  rDev +28%

3.5/5  rDev +19.5%

3.61/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

Alright, I've had PBR countless times. I just want to give my 2 cents on it. It has a classic American Lager taste. It isn't offensive like some of the other beers of similar price. Is quiet easy on the pallet. mildly sweet, but not too sweet. At least it actually has taste, something not every American Lager can say. I know what I'm getting when I'm getting a PBR, and that is the shear value.

That is one of the main reasons I give it such a high review. I can get a 30-rack for $13 - $16 depending on where I shop. More bang for your buck. If it didn't come in a 30-rack I probably wouldn't buy it. But the beauty of it is that it's the best tasting of all the 30-racks out there. You can't go wrong with what you pay for honestly.

All in all, I would have to say that this is my favorite cheap beer. If I'm ever low on cash flow and can't afford to shop around on beer and try new things/experiment, then I can just go to PBR for the time being and be fine with it!

2.5/5  rDev -14.7%