Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) | Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)
Liked This Beer
2.93 w/ 5,610 ratings
Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

Pabst Brewing Company

Ratings: 5,610 |  Reviews: 1,736
3.5/5  rDev +19.5%

2.75/5  rDev -6.1%

2.75/5  rDev -6.1%

Shotgunned from a 16 ounce Tallboy. Appearance is lacking due to method of consumption. A light, egg shell, off white head builds in my mouth, runs down my shirt and all over my face, lingering on my beard. Very pleasing. Aroma contains hints of aluminum, tap water, and sugar. Also vomit and pizza, but that may be due to the setting. Mouthfeel is highly carbonated and frigid all around. Very hard to swallow due to sheer volume and flowing pressure. The taste is surprisingly non existent. Hints of light caramel malt are muted by the loud chanting of "Chug" in a vicious circle around me. The palate is frozen. The belly is full. Overall a solid lager, I will enjoy another in a few seconds.

3.25/5  rDev +10.9%

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.03/5  rDev +3.4%

Unlike the tasters before me; I wake up and I want a PBR. Full-bodied, gross and cheap; however, PBR delivers. It is a true lager, just as much as a Samuel Adams, darker, fizzy and just All-American. I'm glad its a hipster beer, I'm glad its its on the same level as bud-light but quite not. I drank a Hamm's, as cheap as a Hamm's is, it's great. It 's just like PBR, survived most of contemporary American history. Its supremely average and weirdly watery. It's not a stout, it's not a pilsner, it's not a porter...It's an American-styled lager, whatever that may be. PBR Reminds me of the 4th of July, it reminds me of Senior year, it reminds me of an alternative crowd, its reminds me of every beer game I ever played. I'll stay loyal PBR as a case and nothing else.

3.75/5  rDev +28%