Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) | Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)
2.93/5
Poor
Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

Pabst Brewing Company

2.25/5  rDev -23.2%

2.5/5  rDev -14.7%

3.8/5  rDev +29.7%

Where do I start...

Appearance: It's straw-colored, but in a different way than other macro cheapos...nicer, more refined looking. Little head that disappears quickly.

Smell: Hoppy. Cereal and grains a bit as well.

Taste: This is the hops master of light, cheap beer. Granted, that isn't saying much, but man, do I enjoy this beer more than any other cheap blonde swill. I can't say what it is really... a certain intangible... that makes this beer just more enjoyable than your usual domestic piss. Great hoppy, semi-dry aftertaste for blonde piss as well. ;)

Mouthfeel: Perfect carbonation, and not too watery.

Overall: As a reader of this review will no doubt have noticed, I have an affinity to this beer. When I found it in college, it was all "Wow... there's a cheap alternative to BMC mainstream that actually tastes alright? Sign me up!" Cans are good, but in a bottle, it shines a bit more. If you haven't had it, you live under a rock.

3.2/5  rDev +9.2%

Alright. Last night I had an eventful night in downtown Detroit. Already tipsy, my group found its way to Pizzapapalis where we had some MORE beers. At $2.75 for a 16oz can, I couldn't resist, and tried my first PBR.

The easiest way I can describe this beer is that it's like a Bud Light/Budweiser ... but with more flavor profile. It's just MUCH more enjoyable than either of those. Not just that, but it has a nice sweetness to it. This was my first PBR, but it won't be my last. It's cheap and tastes surprisingly decent.

*UPDATE*

I just bought a sixer for $6.48 because I was craving another PBR. The date on the bottles is 11-12-12, which is apparently the expiration date. I have to say, it tastes fine. Better than fine. Better than average. I like this beer. Plain and simple. It isn't bitter, and the malts are actually DECENT! Imagine THAT for an adjunct. I can see why this is a hipster beer, I think. I really like this beer ... especially because of its price point. Awesome stuff. Underrated, underappreciated.

3.5/5  rDev +19.5%

1.75/5  rDev -40.3%

3.75/5  rDev +28%

3.75/5  rDev +28%

The best American mass produced lager bar none this is plain and simple beer on a budget that taste great with any grillin' food, goes down great when your mowing the lawn I always have a 30 block in my fridge and the best part about it is you can say you bought the beer and no one will drink your fridge empty because they all think Bud Lite taste better this is my everyday beer of choice.

2.5/5  rDev -14.7%

3.25/5  rDev +10.9%

3.09/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) from Pabst Brewing Company