Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) | Pabst Brewing Company

good
Read the review
Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

Pabst Brewing Company

2.25/5  rDev -25.2%

3.75/5  rDev +24.6%

2.25/5  rDev -25.2%

2.38/5  rDev -20.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Either I can approach this beer knowing it's a dreaded American Adjunct with little to no flavor, bright carbonation and piss like appearance, and then rate it in comparison to the other Adjuncts or I could approach it as a true craft beer drinker and treat this like I would any other brewery that claims to craft its beers. Hmm.

A - Much like Bud, Miller, Coors PBR is super light and gives you a glimpse at what your palate is about to experience. PBR is a little darker...hinting that there might be at least a little more flavor to come. Still awfully light looking. A little like vitaminized urine.

S - I'm getting stale grains...slight tart yet faint aroma of the hops. It smells like bad breath, but that - since I expect this - is not too big of a deal. Am I really saying that?

T - The taste it bright with carbonation. Sweet with those stale grains and hops finding their way in my palate. You could definitely down 4 or 5 of these and press on with vigor as if you hadn't drank a single one. Not much if any alcohol taste. There is more taste than the Big Three, so if PBR was offered among the other adjuncts at a gathering, PBR would be my choice. But that is not saying much.

O - On a rating scale from 0-100 and considering PBR's competition I give it an 81. In comparison to other beers I've had and the overall taste of this beer as it stands on its own I give it a 65.

If I want a cheap beer that has a little bit of flavor (rare this is ever my desire) and there is nothing else except the big three, I would choose PBR. If this was the only beer available to me, I would be very sad, but I would drink it.

3.5/5  rDev +16.3%

1.75/5  rDev -41.9%

1.5/5  rDev -50.2%

2.92/5  rDev -3%

Good summer beer to mow the lawn or take to the lake. No off flavors. Light, crisp and refreshing. Much better than that crap bud, miller (though highlife is not terrible) and coor's is churning out. Plus that retro PBR can just looks so good...just trying to fill 250 characters now...

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) from Pabst Brewing Company